Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help to apply for EAD/I 485

Hi,

I need to apply for my Adjustment of Status (I 485) and EAD based on my husband's application and have few questions. Actually, his I 485 application is pending for more than 2 yrs and I am on H4 visa. Pl. answer the questions specific to the forms so that I am able to apply on time.

I 765
    What should I put in the Alien Registeration No in the forms. She does not have any so should I put the one which I got.
    What should I put in the Eligibility Categories. (c)(9) is for person on H1.

I 485
    Were you inspected by a US immigration officer? Is this the Port of Entry one when Immigration Officer checks our status every time we enter the country.

G 325 A

I was initially employed in US on H1 visa but due to recession I changed my status to H4 so this mean my employment will be till I was on H1 visa working for my employer.

I -131
    Data of Intended departure
    Length of Trip
    Purpose of trip
    List of countries to visit - Does this mean we can travel only to the countries listed here can't even transit through another country on the way back to US.
    Do I need to attach a seperate sheet with the explaination why I need AP. If yes, then what should be the explanation.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I need to apply for my Adjustment of Status (I 485) and EAD based on my husband's application and have few questions. Actually, his I 485 application is pending for more than 2 yrs and I am on H4 visa. Pl. answer the questions specific to the forms so that I am able to apply on time.

I 765
    What should I put in the Alien Registeration No in the forms. She does not have any so should I put the one which I got.
    ---- Leave it blank

What should I put in the Eligibility Categories. (c)(9) is for person on H1.
    ---- Can you elaborate the statment
    ----
    I 485
    Were you inspected by a US immigration officer? Is this the Port of Entry one when Immigration Officer checks our status every time we enter the country.
    ---- Say yes and give the latest date of entry and port of entry

G 325 A

I was initially employed in US on H1 visa but due to recession I changed my status to H4 so this mean my employment will be till I was on H1 visa working for my employer.
    ---- Yes

I -131
    Data of Intended departure ---- Give an arbitrary date 2-3 months ahead, so that you can get your AP by that time
    Length of Trip ---- About a month (if you prefer you can give 2 months depeding on your personal schedule
    Purpose of trip ---- To visit family and friendSubramanyas
    List of countries to visit - Does this mean we can travel only to the countries listed here can't even transit through another country on the way back to US.
    Do I need to attach a seperate sheet with the explaination why I need AP. If yes, then what should be the explanation.
    ---- You can make a statement on a separate sheet of paper stating that you wish to have multiple trips out of US for family reasons (may include emergency situations like illness in a family
    e
    Subramanya
    Last edited by Subramanya; 08-09-2010, 06:32 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Comment

Thanks for your repsonse.

Actually, there is section in I 765 which asks for Eligibility Criteria. For H1 it is (c)(9) but for H4 I do not find any thing in the instruction.

Comment

Actually, there is section in I 765 which asks for Eligibility Criteria. For H1 it is (c)(9) but for H4 I do not find any thing in the instruction.

---- If I understand correctly you are filing I-485 and I-765 together, thus mention the same that you are filing both at the same time

---- When you say your husband's I-485 is pending for 2 years does it mean that he has filed I-485 and awaiting a result or he has been waiting for past 2 years to file I-485 due to PD issues

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X