Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B status stuck in Canada during covid. Can I have another job In Canada on H1B ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B status stuck in Canada during covid. Can I have another job In Canada on H1B ?

My Situation:
    So I am a Canadian PR who left US in September 2020 while maintaining active H1B status and still having a job. My employer knows about it and continues to support me. Since then, I have been stuck here due to the US consulates being closed throughout Canada during pandemic.
    As we are approaching end of March I don't see the consulates opening any time soon. Also I don't qualify for in mail application in Canada, since my last visa stamping was 2012.

The question is:
    Recently I got a job offer from a Canadian firm and want to know whether I can legally work for the firm while I AM IN CANADA ? So basically have two jobs while in Canada 1) The US job with H1B status and 2) The Canadian job with Canadian employer
    If yes,
    a) how long can I do it while I am in Canada ?
    b) In which country do I have to pay taxes for my US job

Please note that, I wish to only pursue the Canadian job ONLY for the time period I am stuck here in Canada.

Thanks for taking time out to answer.

Hi,
    Please see my response below.
    a) how long can I do it while I am in Canada ?
    Answer: Since you are Canadian PR and living in Canada right now, you are absolutely good to work in Canada company.
    b) In which country do I have to pay taxes for my US job
    Answer: This portion you can discuss with your Employer and it has to be discussed with CPA in Canada.
    But please note, Once your leave US, your H1B status will be hold. H1B status will again activate, when you again go and enter to the USA. So, when you are abroad, dont think that, still you are on H1B status.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X