Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VISA Cancelled or revoked

Hi to all members,

Before three months, I have lost my job and came back to my home country. Now I got new approval from another company for part time job 30hr/week.

While filling DS 160 i found one question" Have your US VISA ever been cancelled or revoked? What should be my answer?

How to know that my previous employer has cancelled my visa or not?

I have checked on USCIS website with previous I797 ,but there is no change from approval decision.

second ,my salary is too low as a part time job, Can VISA OFFCIER ask any question on it?

Please advice.

Thanks.

While filling DS 160 i found one question" Have your US VISA ever been cancelled or revoked? What should be my answer?

How to know that my previous employer has cancelled my visa or not?

I have checked on USCIS website with previous I797 ,but there is no change from approval decision.

>>> There is a difference between the petition and visa. Visa is what is stamped in your passport. The employer cannot revoke/cancel the visa. They can only revoke the petition. If you don't have any previous visa denials by the consulate, then you can answer "No".

second ,my salary is too low as a part time job, Can VISA OFFCIER ask any question on it?
    >>> If that was the case, your part-time H1B petition would have rejected at the first place. As long as the part time H1B pay matches the LCA, you are good.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Shervin143,

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hi shervin143 and other member, Please advice me on F1 visa stamp on my passport which is with CWOP.

Thanks in advance.

Case Detail:

In past, I was in the USA on F1 visa. After completion of study, I got approval for h1b petition from one employer and gone through stamping procedure. Visa officer has approved my H1b visa and wrote something as word like "CWOP " or "CWP" on entire F1 visa stamp. I can not say perfect word because writing is not well.

And they stamped H1b VISA on my passport . I have done job in USA for 9 months and lost job after that. Again came back to home country India. After struggling of four months, I got new job offer and got new H1b pettion approved.

Now I am preparing for H1b Visa stamping. But while filling DS 160 there is one question" Has your US VISA ever been cancelled or revocked?"

I am confused ,what to write about my F1 VISA. Cancelled or revoked? and IF I write yes, what to write in explanation? If I write my F1 VISA was cancelled in past ,is it create any problem during new h1b visa stamping?

Please advice me. I will appreciate you help.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Already answered.
          http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79445

Originally posted by USVISAHELP View Post
          Hi shervin143 and other member, Please advice me on F1 visa stamp on my passport which is with CWOP.

Thanks in advance.

Case Detail:

In past, I was in the USA on F1 visa. After completion of study, I got approval for h1b petition from one employer and gone through stamping procedure. Visa officer has approved my H1b visa and wrote something as word like "CWOP " or "CWP" on entire F1 visa stamp. I can not say perfect word because writing is not well.

And they stamped H1b VISA on my passport . I have done job in USA for 9 months and lost job after that. Again came back to home country India. After struggling of four months, I got new job offer and got new H1b pettion approved.

Now I am preparing for H1b Visa stamping. But while filling DS 160 there is one question" Has your US VISA ever been cancelled or revocked?"

I am confused ,what to write about my F1 VISA. Cancelled or revoked? and IF I write yes, what to write in explanation? If I write my F1 VISA was cancelled in past ,is it create any problem during new h1b visa stamping?

Please advice me. I will appreciate you help.

Thanks in advance.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X