Can H4 visa holders travel to USA in the new travel ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can H4 visa holders travel to USA in the new travel ban

US gov has recently released a statement proclaiming a newly enforced travel ban. I am an Indian citizen with H1B visa living in USA. My wife, an Indian citizen and a H4 visa holder is in India right now. She has tickets booked from India to USA from Qatar Airways on May 12th, 2021. I have read the statement on the Indian USA embassy website. Here is the first paragraph from the statement -
    "Effective May 4, the entry into the United States of certain nonimmigrant travelers who have been physically present in India is suspended. U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents (LPR), and immigrants are not subject to the proclamation. The suspension of entry also does not apply to non-U.S. citizen spouses or unmarried children under the age of 21 of U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents. More information is available at travel.state.gov."
    I found this statement here - https://in.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

I am having a hard time properly interpreting this paragraph. Does this mean my wife who is a "non-U.S. citizen spouse" allowed to travel to USA and go through immigration? (Ofcourse, given that she has a negative COVID test taken 72 hours before the departure.)

Thanks a lot in advance for your responses.

Hi,
    The April 30, 2021 Proclamation clearly says below.
    • Any non-U.S. citizen spouse of a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident (LPR),
    • Any non-U.S. citizen who is the parent or legal guardian of a U.S. citizen or LPR, provided that the U.S. citizen or LPR child is unmarried and under the age of 21,
    • Any non-U.S. citizen who is the sibling of a U.S. citizen or LPR, provided both the non-U.S. citizen and the U.S. citizen or LPR sibling are unmarried and under the age of 21,
    • Any non-U.S. citizen who is the child, foster child, or ward of a U.S. citizen or LPR, or who is a prospective adoptee seeking to enter the United States pursuant to the IR-4 or IH-4 visa classifications.
    As per this, Non-US Citizen who is related to US citizens or LPR has National Interest exception.. So, I dont really think, Non-Immigrant dependents will come under exemption.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X