Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expired H1-B stamp, can spouse apply for H4 with no new stamp

Hi

I have an expired H1-B stamp which was valid upto May 2010. I got married and had come back to US on old H1-B. I got a H1B at a new place starting June 2010 and I now have a valid I-797 with me but I do not have a stamp in passport.

My spouse is in India. Can my spouse apply for H4 on the basis of my old stamp or do I need to go to India for stamping?

Thank you so much immihelp users and moderators for your help.

thanks

I have an expired H1-B stamp which was valid upto May 2010. I got married and had come back to US on old H1-B. I got a H1B at a new place starting June 2010 and I now have a valid I-797 with me but I do not have a stamp in passport.

My spouse is in India. Can my spouse apply for H4 on the basis of my old stamp or do I need to go to India for stamping?

Thank you so much immihelp users and moderators for your help.

----- Your spouse can apply for the H4 visa based on your new I-797.. Your spouse may have to show the original I-797 to the VO (check the appropriate website of the US Consulate where your spouse wants to apply for a H4 visa. There may be other aaccompanying documents and the website will provide a list of those documents

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X