Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 stamping for first time in chennai

Hi All,

I am going for my H1-B stamping for the first time in Chennai ,though I already read the required documents list from US consulate website , I would like get some help regarding my situation.
    I came to US in H4 Visa , applied for H1B and got it on October 1st 2009. But I started to work in January 2010 only. Now I am planning to visit India and get H1B stamping.

My concerns are .
    1.I have pay slips from January 2010 only. So is it a problem for first 3 months?
    2.Do I need to take bank statements ?.
    3.I am not working in a In-House project. So what kind questions should I expect during the interview.
    4.Is letter from the employer is enough or should I take letter from my client?.

Please give some advise on any other important things for interview.

Thanks

I am going for my H1-B stamping for the first time in Chennai ,though I already read the required documents list from US consulate website , I would like get some help regarding my situation.
    I came to US in H4 Visa , applied for H1B and got it on October 1st 2009. But I started to work in January 2010 only. Now I am planning to visit India and get H1B stamping.

My concerns are .
    1.I have pay slips from January 2010 only. So is it a problem for first 3 months?

---- If you did not work for the first 3 months what were you doing? Anyway at teh interview you will show the paystubs that you have and as you from Jan 2010

2.Do I need to take bank statements ?.

---- Keep them with you

3.I am not working in a In-House project. So what kind questions should I expect during the interview.

---- You can speculate all of them yourself and browse teh websites/forums for more information

4.Is letter from the employer is enough or should I take letter from my client?.

---- Keep letter from client and employer for all practical purposes and produce tehm on request by the VO

Subramanya

Comment

Successful H1 Stamping in chennai

Successful H1 Stamping in chennai

I have posted lot of queries in this website and i do want to post my experience so
      that i might be helpful to someone.

In the initial document verfication ,i gave Passport,I-797,I-129,LCA[important] ,HDFC receipt
      and Visa appoinment.

In the actual Interview ,the VO asked following question

VO : What does your employer do ?
      Me :Explained about my employer company .

Vo:What is your designation?
      Me:Programmer Analyst.

VO:Are you working in client place?
      Me:Yes sir

Vo:Who is your client?
      Me:Explained about my client ZZZ.

VO: What do you do for Client xxx?
      Me:Explained abt job duties.

Vo:Can i see your Pay stubs and client letter?
      Me:I handed over both of them .

Vo:Your Visa is approved and you will get passport within a week.
      Me.Thank you sir.You have a great day ahead.

All the best

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X