Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent experience with AVR ( Automatic Visa Revalidation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent experience with AVR ( Automatic Visa Revalidation)

Hi
    I am on H1b and the visa on my passport has expired. I have a valid i797 with i94 and my wife has valid i797 for h4. We are thinking of going to Cancun for vacation and planning to use AVR (Automatic Visa Revalidation) to reenter USA.
    1. I have read online that some airlines may stop you from boarding when you return because the visa on the passport has expired and they do not fully understand AVR.
    2. The expired visa I have on my passport is from my previous employer and i797 is from my current employer. Does that matter ?

Side note - I reached out to United airlines customer care and they sent only some general information back but nothing specific

Yes, your airline may stop you from boarding if the check-in agent or their supervisors don’t understand AVR. If an airline allows someone to board who should not be admitted to the US, they get charged very hefty fines, so they are extra cautious. That is why AVR is always easier/safer at land border crossings or pre-clearance locations.

Comment

Originally posted by robby_254 View Post
      Hi
      I am on H1b and the visa on my passport has expired. I have a valid i797 with i94 and my wife has valid i797 for h4. We are thinking of going to Cancun for vacation and planning to use AVR (Automatic Visa Revalidation) to reenter USA.
      1. I have read online that some airlines may stop you from boarding when you return because the visa on the passport has expired and they do not fully understand AVR.
      2. The expired visa I have on my passport is from my previous employer and i797 is from my current employer. Does that matter ?

Side note - I reached out to United airlines customer care and they sent only some general information back but nothing specific
      Did you end up traveling last year and if so how was your experience? I have a similar trip coming up in December.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X