Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal notice by an employer for RTR

Hi,

I am on H4 EAD. I was working with a desi employer(A) who was marketing my profile. Emp A submitted my profile through Emp B to Emp C whose end client is Emp D. It was rejected since they were not ready for C2C. Later, Emp C contacted me for a role (different role) and I went through the interview and cleared it. I accepted the offer. Now Emp A has sent me a leagal notice saying that I cannot join Emp C since I have signed a Right to Represent(RTR) with them. The RTR is very generic and states that they have the right to represent me to all their clients, vendors, partners and implementation partners. Can Emp A take any legal actions against me?

Hi,
    I am not sure about terms and conditions that they mentioned in the RTR. But generally Employer can take action with the help of Agreement. Please check, what is the duration they have mentioned in the document.. Most of the time, they will mention as 12 months or 24 months which means during these period you must not consider Employment with clients.
    But, I recommend to have a discussion with Attorney who specializes in Labor law.
    Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the advice. They haven't mentioned any duration in the RTR, its very generic, just one line.

Comment

Hi,
        I think you don't want to get panic on this.. But, Please make sure to have a consultation with Attorney then proceed ahead.
        Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X