H1B and H4 Visa Stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B and H4 Visa Stamping

Hi, I am currently on H1B Visa (I-140 Approved). I am planning to go to India for stamping. My slot is confirmed on 9th Nov. I am also planning to get married and sponsor my wife and request her H4 visa after marriage as well. I am confused with how will the NIE work for me. My company will issue NIE for me. Can I use the same for my wife H4 stamping? I am also advised that we need to do combined stamping (h1 and h4 using the NIE)
    Request you to please suggest me how do I proceed. Thank you.

Hi,
    If your company is going to provide NIE letter to you then no issues. you both can go at the time and If consulate approves your visa under NIE then it can be applicable to your wife visa too. But please make sure to go interview at same time. If you prefer different dates for you both then you can provide NIE letter that you are going to get from your company to your wife visa interview.
    All the best.
    Thanks

Comment

Hi schund24,

Congrats on getting the H1 slot. Can you please let me know which consulate did you get the slot and was it a regular appointment booking or did you reach out to them? I am also trying to get a slot for interview.

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X