Consulate Notified not blank for first time H1B Visa applicant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consulate Notified not blank for first time H1B Visa applicant

Hi I am a first time H1B Visa applicant, My I-129 petition is approved. My employer would be sending me I-797 along with NIE request letter. My queries are

1) In my petition approval mail from USCIS they mentioned Consulate Notified (if applicable) : Hyderabad, Can I book an visa interview appointment only at Hyderabad or anywhere else is also fine? I am not able to find appointment at Hyderabad

2) Can I have Biometric appointment in 1 location and Visa Interview at another location? Like Biometric at Delhi VAC and Visa Interview at Kolkata Consulate?

3) As a first time Visa applicant can I directly take NIE request letter to Visa appointment or Do I need to do anything else regarding NIE?

Thank You

Hi,
    Please see my response below.
    1) In my petition approval mail from USCIS they mentioned Consulate Notified (if applicable) : Hyderabad, Can I book an visa interview appointment only at Hyderabad or anywhere else is also fine? I am not able to find appointment at Hyderabad
    Answer: You must consider the consulate that have been mentioned in the approval notice.
    2) Can I have Biometric appointment in 1 location and Visa Interview at another location? Like Biometric at Delhi VAC and Visa Interview at Kolkata Consulate?
    Answer: Yes. This is possible. But, Since you got H1B Approved with consular processing and Approval notice has consulate name, Interview appointment must be in the same location where they notified.
    3) As a first time Visa applicant can I directly take NIE request letter to Visa appointment or Do I need to do anything else regarding NIE?
    Answer: If you have NIE letter from your Employer and/ or end client, with that you can attend visa Interview. Other than this, I don't think, you will need any other process.
    Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the help

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X