Updating Visa Appointment with new DS 160

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating Visa Appointment with new DS 160

I am currently in the US and filling out the DS 160 form for an H-1B visa. There are certain questions that I can only answer accurately after I have scheduled my visa appointment and made travel arrangements accordingly. For example, in the section, "Previous US visits", the duration of my current US visit will depend on when I leave the US to attend the visa appointment. Also, my current US address might change depending on when I am able to get the visa appointment. I know I cannot edit a submitted DS-160, but what I am not sure about is if I can submit a new DS 160 and update the existing appointment with the new DS 160, I have read some people say that this can be done and some say it cannot. If it turns out that I cannot update the appointment with a new DS 160, then what do I answer for these questions below?
    1) duration of my current US visit - duration as of the day I submit the DS 160 (knowing this will not be accurate when I will be attending the visa interview)?
    2) US address - my current US address (knowing this will likely be different when attending the interview)?
    3) travel plans - best estimate? no way of knowing when I might get the interview

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X