Visa appointment confirmation shows wrong visa type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa appointment confirmation shows wrong visa type

I scheduled my & my spouse visa appointment in Delhi VAC. i See error in online system. as below

in my dashboard or appointment history, i see visa type as H4 for myself and my wife slots. I come under H1b and my wife comes under H4 visa types.
    I can confirm, DS160 HAS CORRECT VISA TYPES. But in online portal & appointment confirmation page i see H4 for both. Does this discrepancies give any problem https://showbox.tools/
    at interview ?

i added my wife as dependent in my CGI account and later when appointments open, my wife logged into her account and booked the appointment for her, and later days i logged in to my account and booked my slot, since she was added as dependent in my account, upon appointment confirmation system cancelled her appointment and booked a new slot along with me. but when i check the appointment confirmation i see visa type as H4 for both of us. Can i attend the interview which has members 2 and visa type H4 or i will be stopped
    again DS 160 has correct visa types.
    Last edited by Redington; 02-05-2022, 11:34 AM.

Hi, do you have an update on this? I ma in the same boat?

Comment

Hello Guys.. I too in the same boat. Any update would be helpful.

Comment

Hi Guys - Update on my case. Even though it was printed H4 on my appointment confirmation page, there was no issue in submitting the H1 application at the dropbox location. It should not be a problem if your appointment confirmation page has a different visa class within the same category. I hope this gives some relief.

Comment

Originally posted by Manju1986 View Post
          Hi Guys - Update on my case. Even though it was printed H4 on my appointment confirmation page, there was no issue in submitting the H1 application at the dropbox location. It should not be a problem if your appointment confirmation page has a different visa class within the same category. I hope this gives some relief.
          Very helpful! Thank you

Comment

Manju1986 thank you for sharing the update. Its very helpful. One question - when you go to appointment history page/confirmation and select the (+) sign next to your and your spouse's name, is the 'IS DEPENDENT' field filled correctly? In my case, I am the H1B holder and we booked the appointment through my spouse's profile. The visa class says H-4 for both of us and my spouse's 'IS DEPENDENT' says false and mine says true which should be the other way around since I hold the H1B. Also, we are going for interview not dropbox. Any information you can share would be very helpful. Thank you!

Comment

Just wanted to share an update. In my case, I am the H-1B holder and we booked the appointment through my husband's profile who is on H-4. So my visa class was shown as H-4 and the IS DEPENDENT field was marked as true. We proceeded with our biometrics and interview appointment and everything went okay. Visa was approved on the day of the interview itself. During biometrics, the person taking the fingerprints asked me if the appointment was made through my husband's profile to which I said yes and they said okay. Nothing else was asked

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X