Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221G Yellow Slip for New H1B

Hi All,

My Interview date was on 17th of september 2010 I was handed over with 221g Yellow slip with documents from petitioner checked, VO took my original client letter as well.

On 24th of September I have submitted all the requested documents, I dint get any response from consulate yet, I tried calling them almost everyday but they say that the case is under processing.

Can anyone advise how long does the process takes, Luckily I got the opportunity from the client to work from here for two weeks from 4th of october. I am worried whether I will get any update before that or not.

Thanx
    Shriss

Unfortunately, 221g takes it's own course of time. Since each case is treated differently, it is impossible to predict the time it will take. Search and read about the posts related to 221g in the forum. Calling the consulate every day is not going to help. Hopefully you will get a result soon.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanx for Reply.

Thanx for your reply, I heard from my manager that Consulate made some inquiry about my vacancy at my client location and they sent back a positive response so hopefully the process would be done soon.

Comment

No Update yet.

4 weeks passed after submission of the documents but still there is no update, my client asked me to take off until i get any update, I am not sure whether my contract will be still there after my return. Worried about my visa does anyone advise that how long more it may take?

Comment

shriss

Did you get any update from consulate till now ?

Comment

No I dint get any update from consulate, when i call them i always get standard response that my case is under process.

Comment

oh sorry about that .. keep reaching them Thats the only way I think gud luck

Comment

5th Week started but no update yet

4 weeks passed after document submission, no update from consulate yet, calling them I only get the response "Under Process". Can anyone advise how much more it could take. Its already a month I am working from here, client doesn't allow anyone to work for more than a month from India, So chances of my contract getting terminated are also high.

Please Advise

Comment

5 weeks Passed no Update yet.

5 weeks Passed no Update yet, My client is going to terminate my contract soon If I wont provide any definite time frame of return, can anyone advise how long more it could take for the process to be completed.

Thanx
                  Shriss

Comment

RE: Answered 221(g) Yellow document and need to change Employer

Hello,

I don't know whether this is an appropriate thread to post my question. Sorry if I had posted it in a wrong thread.

I had my VISA interview at Hyderabad consulate a month ago and submitted the required appropriate documents a week ago.

I don't know how long the VISA process is going to be. And in the mean while can I change my employer, apply for H1 transfer and get my VISA stamped with the new Employer?

Does anyone have any idea about it?

I would really appreciate if someone could get back to me on this.

Comment

Any update ..

Hi Shriss ..

did u get any update from US consulate ..

please update the forum

Thanks
                      Naveen

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X