Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping in Hyderabad

Hello fellow members,

I am scheduled for H1B visa appointment (renewal). This is my second H1B visa. The first one expired this year. I already have an approved petition and have been working without a break.

I work for the employer directly, never was with any consultancy, always direct with high end research companies.

I noticed the Hyd consulate asks for unreasonable amount of documentation. I have been here for 40 months and the site says I should carry every single pay slip and every month bank statement. Thats 40 pay slips and 40 bank statements. Each bank statement is 4 pages.

Has anyone else carried so many documents?

I gave in and printed all my pay slips, last two months bank statements.

As I see it, the documents listed are mainly to scrutinize consultancies. I am not with any consultancy, nor have I ever been.

Also, since I work for a school, my HR said they cannot give me any salary details or list of employees and their immigration status. I have to agree, the univ employs more than 100K people organization wide. And I cannot be expected to obtain univ tax returns for past few years.

Is there any fellow member who can shed some light on their experience at Hyd consulate while they were not working for any consultancy?

Thanks a bunch!
    Last edited by kkinusa; 12-04-2010, 10:50 AM.

I am scheduled for H1B visa appointment (renewal). This is my second H1B visa. The first one expired this year. I already have an approved petition and have been working without a break.

I work for the employer directly, never was with any consultancy, always direct with high end research companies.

I noticed the Hyd consulate asks for unreasonable amount of documentation. I have been here for 40 months and the site says I should carry every single pay slip and every month bank statement. Thats 40 pay slips and 40 bank statements. Each bank statement is 4 pages.

---- all these are important documents. Of course everyone including the VO's are aware that one cannot carry so many documents and it is a waste of paper and time to print so many documents and carry them along with other documents. For the ay slips carry the W-2's to show that these were the earnings during a given period (approx 1 year). For the Banks statements print the january and dec statements for a given year and carry them with you

Has anyone else carried so many documents?

---- No one carries so many documents. They make a judgement based on the need of the hour. Of course if you feel that you should carry so many documents, nobody prevents you

I gave in and printed all my pay slips, last two months bank statements.

As I see it, the documents listed are mainly to scrutinize consultancies. I am not with any consultancy, nor have I ever been.

---- It does not matter if you work for a consultancy or not. as long as you are employed either directly by an employer or an employer/vendor or employer/client you are paid by someon. The VO's would like to verify your employer's as well as your credentials

Also, since I work for a public university, my HR said they cannot give me any salary details or list of employees and their immigration status. I have to agree, the univ employs more than 100K people organization wide. And I cannot be expected to obtain univ tax returns for past few years.

If the VO wants all these documents then you can request the University Hr to fax/email tehse documents to the US consulate where you attend the visa interview. This is nothing unusual and it is not at all taxing anyone in the University to get this task done. They have in their computer systema and all that they have to do is fax/email them under the title of confidentiality with your name and other details

Is there any fellow member who can shed some light on their experience at Hyd consulate while they were not working for any consultancy?

---- There are several members who ave gone through such exercises in the past. You can always search for such instances in this forum or other forums where there are tons of examples. Most of them are not and my not be similar to your case, but you can always take a clue from them

---- Inspite of all these hurdles be confident and organize yourself and these efforts will ensure your success in getting the visa stamped

Subramanya

Comment

If you work for a public university, I can just tell you are paranoid. Just go with the usual documents and don't overburden yourself with the situation created by the general masses at the Hyd consulate. Your approval will be a breeze unless you are in a field of research involving TAL.

W2s/tax returns will have YTD that shows that your wages are inline with the Labor.

Bank statements is not a big deal. Just take the last one or two showing direct deposit of your pay (if it happens). Mostly asked for address verification.

I have never been asked for anything more than the I797, employment verification letter and the recent paystub during my triple term of H1bs.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks guys for the quick replies.

In my mind I know I am being overly cautious. But I have read so many crazy stories on these forums, I just want to keep all bases covered.

Anyway, thanks much for the vote of confidence and comforting words.

Comment

HI OP,

This is just for the info.

Some banks provide "CONSULAR LETTERS" like Citibank.

Letter mentions the details abt your bank account like - Date opened , account Type, Current balance , Average Balance etc and are addressed to the Consulates.

These letters are acceptable to the Consulates

Thanks and Regards,
          Abhay

Comment

Hi Abhay,

I never heard of that. Thanks much. I will call up my bank right now and ask if they provide one.

Regards,
            Kalyan

Comment

Guys,

attended and got a 221g white slip.

Comment

Originally posted by kkinusa View Post
                Guys,

attended and got a 221g white slip.
                KKINUSA - Sorry to hear that you have got 221g.

Just to brief you, I was offered as a Software Developer from a public University and they have filed a fresh H-1B. I am planning to attend the H1 interview in the mid of December from Hyderabad. I understand from the HR people that they will not provide any details regarding the employee salary list and also the Wage forms.

I would request you to let me know that what are all the documents they have mentioned to submit in 221g? What are all the documents you are carried for the interview?

Also it would be much helpful if you can share your interview experience.

Thanks,
                NKReddy

Comment

hi,

they did not ask for any extra documents.

My strong recommendation is if you dont have to travel, DONT. I had no reason to travel, my status was valid for 2 more years. I just wanted to come visit my parents and now I am in this situation.

Comment

All my fears and apprehension were not justified. The visa was issued in less than 2 working weeks. But the updates on the site are not prompt. For ex, I noticed my clearance was issues with in 10 working days and visa was issued in the next 2 days but it landed in my hand only after 4 more days.

So, dont be tensed. Just let it be and enjoy whatever the reason you travelled to India for.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X