Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 Visa dropbox with H1B approval notice??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa dropbox with H1B approval notice??

Need a small informational help. My H1B got approved in premium processing and my spouse H4 extension, H4 EAD renewals are still processing. Both of our existing visa stamps are valid till May 2023. We are planning on travelling to INDIA in couple of months from now and I was able to secure a dropbox visa slot for me. If I was able to secure a different dropbox slot for my spouse as well, can she get her new visa stamping done via dropbox using my new visa stamp? If we get same slot for 2 people, will she also get new visa stamp basing on my H1B approval notice? We are eligible for dropbox as we got our last stamp from same country < 24 months.

If she was able to get the stamp, I am assuming that her pending H4 extension will be abandoned and she will have to a file a new H4 EAD renewal once we are back in USA. Is that assumption correct?​

I can share my story if this helps.
    Ours (Mine, wifes and kids) last stamped visa were of 2015 valid till 2017. We moved back to India in 2019.
    This year I got selected in H1B Lottery and have taken dropbox appointment and visa got stamped for me and wife together successfully (based on current I797, previous stamped visa and previous I797).
    For my kid, once ours visa got stamped and current visa became valid, we applied for his visa via dropbox and got approved and stamped successfully.

Here our case differed from yours as we did not have any in-progress H4 extension....See if this helps.

Thanks,
    Raj

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X