H1B renewal and 221g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B renewal and 221g

I would be getting my H1B renewal stamped at Chennai in December have been hearing about the 221g scenario a lot now a days. This is my renewal stamping and I am still with the same employer and same position since my first stamping in 2007 with no change what so ever.
    I work in Cardiovascular Research and have been with the same lab since 2007. I would like anyone to should some light into the 221g issues if any for renewal of H1B for people in my field and if so I would like to prepare myself before I come for stamping. Any help with the same would be greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks in advance!!!

I would be getting my H1B renewal stamped at Chennai in December have been hearing about the 221g scenario a lot now a days. This is my renewal stamping and I am still with the same employer and same position since my first stamping in 2007 with no change what so ever.
    I work in Cardiovascular Research and have been with the same lab since 2007. I would like anyone to should some light into the 221g issues if any for renewal of H1B for people in my field and if so I would like to prepare myself before I come for stamping. Any help with the same would be greatly appreciated!!

pppp There are two sides of the same coin. You cna be in either category depending on many facors and your performance at the interview

---- Firstly it is always possible that ta221g will be issued for reasons known and unknown to anyone. Just face the iissue and do the best you can. Submit all the documents as requested and if some of these documents are confidential have the employer email them to the US Cobnsulate where you hde your visa interview

---- If the employer is willing to give you the documents you can have them sent to in a confidential cover marked "To be Opened only at the US Consulate by the VO". This way you will avoid any hassels with your employer

---- Secondly, if all your documents are in order and you respond to the queries by the VO then you should not have any issues in getting a H1 visa. Everyone hopes that this will be the situation and get the visa stamped on thier Passports

---- Thirdly,since you are working for a laboratory it is possible that you case will be put under TAL (Technology Alert List). It may take a few weeks to clear out the issues as the US Consulate wants to verify that you are not stealing any of the practices/docuemtns etc out of the US and giving it to some third party. This will raise an alert with them and they will further question you

0000 Hope you are clear of all this and god willing you should get your visa stamped at the earliest despite all issues and return to the US safely

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help. Will keep my fingers crossed!!!

Best,
      Sharath

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X