H4 to H1 COS-Stamping in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 COS-Stamping in India

I was on H4 in US for the last 2 years and I got my H1 approved in Sep (Cap exempt-university) and have been working since Sep. Visiting India in Dec and planning to go for my stamping in Chennai. I have a 3 years Bachelor's degree and 6 years IT exp.Have my academic/work credentials evaluated to US Bachelor's in MIS as well. Question is what are the chances of my visa stamping getting rejected because of my 3 years degree. My degree is in Statistics and my work is IT related. Please respond if someone has been in a similar situation.

I was on H4 in US for the last 2 years and I got my H1 approved in Sep (Cap exempt-university) and have been working since Sep. Visiting India in Dec and planning to go for my stamping in Chennai. I have a 3 years Bachelor's degree and 6 years IT exp.Have my academic/work credentials evaluated to US Bachelor's in MIS as well. Question is what are the chances of my visa stamping getting rejected because of my 3 years degree. My degree is in Statistics and my work is IT related. Please respond if someone has been in a similar situation.

---- Why do you think it is difficult to get a visa stamped. There is no reason for it nor should you be worried about

---- As long as you have all the documents in order you should able to face the visa interview in a confident manner

---- Qualifications and experience do not come in the way of your vis interview and issuing a vis for you

---- All things being what they are, prepare for the visa interveiw as you would for any other interview and ensure that you respond to all the quesries and present your documents as requesteed and you should get the visa stamped and return back to the US

Subramanya

Comment

You may be asked to provide the Original evaluation documents, make sure you carry those. Original experience certificates will also be essential.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the response!!

I will be carrying all my original docs as proof.
        @Subramanya-All my docs are in place. The only reason I am worried is that the US consulates are trying to filter out H1's as much as possible and I have been reading in forums where they question if your original degree (in my case-Statistics) and job profile (IT) does not match.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X