H1B questions based on stay in US and GC process in future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B questions based on stay in US and GC process in future

I saw in forums that the VO will like to know that the applicant has strong ties to his/her country. Basically, questions like - "Will you come back to India", "When will you return to India" and "Why would you want to return to India".

If the applicant establishes that he/she has strong ties to the country by answering reasonably well for the above questions and later starts GC processing with the employer, won't it defeat the purpose of the above questions ? In other words, aren't the above questions and usual responses rhetoric ? Will the answers given for the H1B interview (and later extension) affect the GC processing in anyway ?

Finally, I have seen usual interview questions in various forums. Other than those, are there websites where I can find candidate interview experiences ?

Thanks,
    Karthik

H visa does NOT need strong ties to home country. It allows for dual intent and one can get the GC processed and still get a H1b visa stamped. If it were F1, the story would be different.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X