was it a change of status ?
    Yes From F-1 to H1-B

When was it approved ?
    Dec 02

Hope this helps....

Comment

H1: 11th business day: PP hasnt arrived

Hey folks,

My wife's H1 visa interview was on 16th Nov.
      Even she hasn't received her passport so far.

As per consulate, this is due to PIMS verification.

I understand it has been frustrating for some of you here for the same reason, so are we.

It feels a bit lighter though to know that we are not the only ones around. Lets be patient as there is no other way out.

Comment

It does suck really.

All we can do is Wait , but will the employer be ready to wait for a indefinite time is the question.

11 days and waiting , no update on PIMS verification yet as of today.

Comment

Any update from anybody waiting on PIMS verificaiton ?

Comment

Nothing yet. I sent another email to [email protected] yesterday but they did not reply so far. I am hoping for end of this week. Will post a message here whenever I receive my passport.

Comment

Any one with similar situation in Delhi Consulate?

Hi,

Has any one faced similar situation from Delhi consulate? I have been getting same message since last 7 business days. I have got 221(g) green form during my VISA interview on Nov 15 2010. With in 2-3 business days I submitted required docs and on Nov 24, I got mail from consulate to submit my passport. I thought I was lucky one to get response in 2-3 business days after submitting docs but it seems it was only half work done. After getting mail on Nov 24, I submitted my passport on Nov 26 at VFS Delhi which was sent to consulate on Nov 29 2010. Since then I am checking my status on VFS and its showing 'Your passport has not been handedover to VFS.....' As per my previous experience I was in impression that I will get it back in 2-3 business day so I booked my ticket last week end. Now I have come to know after going through cases on this site that even after getting passport they have to further verify in PIMS database.

Does any one know how long it takes for petition details to get updated in PIMS database? My petiotion was approved on October 21 2010. I came to India on Nov 5 and submitted passport finally on Nov 26. Is one month not enough to get PIMS updated? Today I have sent mail to VFS though I am not expecting any satisfactory reply from them. Should we contact consulate for this? any one who has gone through this ordeal from delhi consulate, please suggest/share/advice.

-Chander

Comment

I just called the chennai consulate. Same story , "Sir , we are working on it. We are not sure why the verification is not yet complete and cannot provide additional details at this stage".

She also said there are a few pending cases just like mine and they are working on it. Not timeline provided and when i asked her , i was not given any 221G form she said the VO approved your visa. Its just your case details needs to be in PIMS for us to issue a visa.

I also asked her if there is anything i can the employer to do. She said No.

, Oh Dear God help us all !

Comment

Pims

14 days and stuck with PIMS verification.

For those of you who are stuck with PIMS verificaiton , here is some info to help. Plan your return accordingly.

As you know PIMS which stands for Petition Information Management Service , is a repository of all approved H,L,K petition documents. When a company files for a extenstion / Change of status / fresh H1 or any visa category , it is suggested that the attorney file a duplicate copy of the petition when they file with the USCIS, else USCIS will not send a copy to PIMS maintained at Kentucky Service Center after adjudication of the case.

In a case , when the consulate finds that they need a copy, they will contact the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) and the KCC will then ask the USCIS for the original file from USCIS archives. When it arrives, the KCC will scan a copy and put it into PIMS for use by the consulate. This can take three to six weeks. It is not possible to send a duplicate copy directly to the KCC, nor is it possible to send a second copy to the CIS after the case has been adjudicated.

IS PIMS verification needed for H4 also ?
                  Per Ron Gotcher ( attornery ) , Generally speaking, they shouldn't require PIMS verification for a dependent visa. I have heard of cases where this has been done, however. I have no idea why they would do that since H4 status is dependent upon the principal maintaining H1B status. So, as long as you can show a valid H1B I-94 and proof of current employment by the H1B petitioner, that should be enough.

See another post from a avid reader.
                  My company didnot notify KCC center for my H1b extention. ( To add my record into PIMS ) . Now I am planing to go to india.. Is there any way I can send document to somewhere in USA to make sure they add my case before i travel ?

Per Ron : No, but you can make an appointment now for as far in advance as possible. Once you make the appointment, and give them the file number for your petition, they will order the file from PIMS. If it isn't in PIMS, the KCC will order the file from the CIS and scan it into the system when they receive it. From what I've heard, this can take a few weeks. My advice is to make an appointment now for some time in late January or early February. Also, it wouldn't hurt to tell the consular staff that your petitioner didn't submit a second copy for PIMS, so it is likely the KCC will have to order the file.

Comment

Consualte said - case pending for review

I sent a mail to consular yesterday to check how much time it takes to get passport back.I got their reply that my passport is received and case is pending for review. Once review is completed, they will be contacting me. Not sure if this pending review is PIMS verification or any other review. I read in few post that consulate is even sending cases back to USCIS for further review. I think attorney as sent a duplicate copy to USCIS in my case but it has been only 3 weeks after H1B approval, when I interviewed for VISA. Bottom line is one should not come back from US until not emergency as the whole process has been made tedious and complex and it should be avoided as much it can. Even after having a proper client/employer and earning records for last 3 year, one gets jobless just because of a travel document.

Comment

Hey Chander_77, which email did you send an email to?
                      I sent emails to 2 IDs, one of them bounced back, no reply from other ID. It's been 4 days since I emailed them.

Comment

Try - [email protected]

Comment

VRAMESH - Did you get any response? Can you please share on which date your petition was approved. was it recently few weeks back ?

I tried to check from attorney in US. He said its pretty normal if they couldnt get your details in PIMS then it gets delayed and few of his client has waited more than 9-10 days. however its cleared how many days it take in worst case.

Comment

Hi
                            They asked me to call early next week to get an accurate update , which is better than the response PIMS verification pending.

My petition was approved in Oct 2010 , attended interview on 11/16.Hoping to hear good news soon...

Comment

@vramesh

My H1 extension also approved in late Oct so thats probably that is why it took time in PIMS verification cos may be details were not upated in PIMS database with in this time frame. My interview was on Nov 15 but passport were submitted on Nov 29 so I should only expect any reply after Dec 20, actually in early Jan as no one works after Dec 20 Good luck for next week.

Comment

Got passport back

Hi Guys,
                                Got passport back on 12/13 , collected in person.Leaving to USA on 12/16. Good luck to all waiting.

It took approx ~15 working days for PIMS processing in my case ...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X