221(g) yellow form during H1B Visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats Razz and Jiggy

I complete 90 days today. Is there anything that I should do now. Please let me know if anyone has sent any email to DOS after waiting 90 days and if they can share the draft email.

Comment

• congrats!

congrats to jiggy and raaz!

thanks for sharing your updates, as this creates some hope in our minds those who are waiting for the email..

@ jiggy - did your bar code appear in the pdf? what are the notes on the passport say?

god bless all!

Comment

• Vancouver H1 B 221(g)

Had appointment this week in Vancouver for H1B renewal and got 221(g) administrative processing with no request for more documents. My question is:

1). Has anyone else gotten a 221(g) in Vancouver and how long has it taken for them to get their passport back?
        2). Since my old H1B visa stamp is still valid till the end of the month, can I ask them to return my passport without the new visa stamp so at least I can travel back to the US and then reapply from my home country (India)?

Your response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment

• H1B visa @ Hyd 221(g) Yellow slip

Interview Date: Feb 28

VO: Who is ur employer?
          Me: xyz

VO: Whats do u do ?
          Me: works as an Websphre Admin

VO: Where did u graduate from ?
          Me: xyz university Virginia

VO: Who is ur end client ?
          Me: XYZ (Client is a State Govt Agency)

VO: Can u plz show me me ur agreement b/w u n employer?
          Me: Gave him (typed sumthng in the desktop)

VO; Can i see ur Client letter?
          Me: Unfortunately the client couldn't provide me with the client letter due to state legal policy.
          I gave him the email from the HR which i recieved explaining the same.

VO: He again typed sumthing in his desktop, started giving back all the documents which i gave him with a 221(G) yellow form and said sorry sir i cant tak a decision on ur visa ri8 now plz submit d following documents according the list at the nearest VFS.

Please advice me : The client is not ready to provide me a client letter what should i do ?

I do have Layers: Vendor=>Middle Vendor=>Prime Vendor=> Client, according to 22(g) they are asking for contract b/w client and petitioner so is it im supposed to provide all the contracts ?

Comment

• @chicagoboy3 - Unfortunately, I don't have good news for you. I was in the same boat; was chosen for the yellow 221(g) on Dec 6th, 2010 (still waiting) whereas I still had my previous H1B valid through April 11.
            Went in Jan to withdraw my application and was told that as soon as I applied for a new visa, my old visa becomes redundant.
            My visa valid through April 11 was canceled without prejudice and I have to wait until my application comes out of 221g processing.

Comment

• Anyone lucky in todays list???looks like they cleared around 80 cases this time...... called up DOS yestrday and got an interesting answer. She told their office donot have anything to do with my application..its all up to the consulate. Also it took some time for her to find out my case after giving the passport number. God knows what is happening.

Comment

• I am not lucky this time either I had called DOS and they told me that my application is under process. Thats the standard reply that they always give. I told them that I have completed exact 90 days and they told me that there is no timeline.

I really cant understand the way they work and dont know whats going on. I wish they were a bit more transparent about this whole administrative processing.

Comment

• @msan ...Why dnt u try asking more when they say this?like is there anything wrong with my application. ...or are you waiitng for some informations....somethig like that........some of them open up a little bit more. ..as i told before in jan last weeek when i called they see that they are waiting for some informations. and yesterday they told it shows its just under administrative processing and no other messages........so try asking more details....

Comment

• @dec9221g - I got a similar reply from the DOS. They said my case was never referred to them. It's the Mumbai consulate who has to take the decision. quite strange.

Comment

• Hi,

can you please let me know the DOS phone number? at what time we may call to that number? Is the number is local (with in india) or USA number?

i attended interview on Dec 3rd 2010 from HYD consulate
                      221g with additional docs ticked
                      submitted the docs on 13-Jan-2011

Your case is currently undergoing processing. Please continue to check this website for updates on the status of your case. Any new information received will be posted to the website

Comment

• Originally posted by dec9221g View Post
                        @msan ...Why dnt u try asking more when they say this?like is there anything wrong with my application. ...or are you waiitng for some informations....somethig like that........some of them open up a little bit more. ..as i told before in jan last weeek when i called they see that they are waiting for some informations. and yesterday they told it shows its just under administrative processing and no other messages........so try asking more details....
                        I did ask them in different ways a lot of times but always got the standard reply like under processing, pending, cant tell, we can only tell you thats its getting processed etc.

Comment

• @VSLB Hello the DOS phone number for USA is (202) 663-1225

contact timing are normal work hours 9am-5pm eastern time

Comment

• No luck on today's list. Has anyone tried sending a request to the Indian government - Ministry of External Affairs?
                            Also - has anyone tried the white house . gov website to send a complaint/request?

DOS is usually a waste of time... probably not going to get any information from them.

Comment

• guys,

after nearly 64 days of wait, I finally got the std. email from the Mumbai consulate. The time on the email is 2:04 pm. I am really excited to submit my passport at the consulate.

I will be submitting my passport on Monday. will keep you guys updated.

Pls, be patient. everyone will get the email soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by 221g_yellow_6Dec View Post
                                @ dec9221g - doesn't look like these case #s are in any order; mine begins with AA0013xxxx and my interview was on the 6th of Dec.
                                What is this barcode you are refering to? My case in pending in chennai consulate. The pdf only contains "PENDING" status...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X