Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got the visa!!

congrats msan for getting visa!

even I got it stamped yesterday. Here, is my case..

Consulate: Mumbai
    Interview: 30th Dec 2010 (Yellow no docs asked)
    1st email date: 4th March 2011
    passport submitted: 7th March 2011
    passport received: 10th March 2011 (Blue form, no stamp)
    documents submitted: 11th March 2011
    2nd email date: 15th March 2011
    passport submitted: 15th March 2011
    passport received: 18th March 2011 (with stamp)

Mine is desi consulting with 50< employees. direct client.

thanks to this forum for giving me some hope throughout this worst journey.

Comment

• Congrats msan and f12gc!!
      Did your visa have an annotation about the check or anything out of the ordinary?

Also - when you re enter the US; can you write back to us in case you are asked any additional questions at the port of entry?

CONGRATS again!

Comment

• there is no mention about security clearance on my passport..

will update you once i reach US..

Comment

• Congrats msan and f12gc!!
          @221g_yellow_6Dec do you think the cases remaining for nov and dec now are mostly name security clearance cases , i think msan , f12gc didnot have that prob. security cleareance are taking so long maybe .. hopefully rest of us clear soon..

Comment

• Security Cases

I have a feeling that the remaining cases of nov and dec are security clearances. It needs to clear three or four agencies and i think ours is stuck in one of them. I have hired a lawyer who specializes in cases like this from new jersey to look into my case. See where it is stuck and facilitate the process from there.

Comment

• @rks123 - I agree with atiqabdulla that ours are stuck due to some name/security check where our names might have had a 'hit'. One of the agencies might still be 'investigating' us.

@atiqabdulla - please keep us posted in case making inroads with a lawyer helps and we can do the same. My attorneys have contacted the DoS but without much luck.

I agree that if someone with a 12/3/10 interview has cleared last week like msan, it gives us hope that we might be near the cusp!

Comment

• Open Homeland Security

Guys,

Also, please leave a comment expressing what you feel about "administrative processing".

I am not sure if this helps, but make this idea number 1 and leave the comments for everybody to see what we feeling/felt while this ridiculous process was going on.

Comment

• One more December case

Hi Guys,

H-1B, Hyderabad consulate, VI 6th Dec 2010. Still waiting (21st March 2010). Most probably name/security check. Looks like there are lots of name/security check cases from Nov/Dec still on hold.

Does anybody know what really is going on? I mean, are these cases on hold, or they are somewhere in the queue and somebody need to give attention? I don't mind if there is some progress made everyday. But if they are just lying there due to lack of attention or man power then what a waste of our precious time, money, energy, emotions.

I wish they had something like "premium processing" for administrative processing as well.

Comment

• Another 221g case from Dec

Hello All,
                    I recently stumbled upon this forum and i see that there are a few folks here that are still waiting from 1st of Dec. My case is similar, I am also waiting from 1st week of Dec, Yellow 221g and no docs asked. Any one lucky in todays list?

Comment

• Nope - no luck, although the Friday list is usually more exhaustive than the Tuesday list.

Comment

• same here no luck yet , if anyone does get any headway with the help of a lawyer please do let us know ,we could try those methods too...

Comment

• Potential Options

For people that are waiting for the last 3.5 - 4 months, apart from following up with the Consulate, DOS etc there are a couple more possible approaches that are being tried:
                          1. Someone on this forum was following up with the MEA.
                          2. Atiq is trying to get the process to move along with the help of a lawyer.

Not sure if there are any more options that can be tried out

Does anyone know if the CEAC number/bar code numbers are issued serially? A lot of the approved cases being posted on the website come after my number

Comment

• What is the Ratio of getting the Slip ?? Is everyone getting the Slip who went for H1 stamping between Oct-10 to Mar-11??

ON what basis (missing docs) they are providing the Slip.
                            Last edited by ihelp07; 03-23-2011, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• @Dec_221g - I have been talking to folks in MEA but they are tight lipped about any assistance; might be easier to present our case as a group since diplomatic assistance from the Govt of India might be our sole route at this point.

@immihelp07 - various theories have been presented for 'what causes' the 221g slip to be handed over as opposed to H1B or L1 visa renewal. Name check, employer verification (if in a ev, evc model) as well as a random security check are some 'potential reasons'. However, no one has been able to ascertain why such a large number of folks have been given administrative processing. Exact statistics of numbers affected would only be known to the consulate and not the applicants. Dont know if EVERYONE was given the 221g slip; but it is safe to say that a lot of Indians were given it for the time frame you mentioned.

Comment

• 221(g) Blue Form in the Chennai Consulate

Just updating my experience at the Chennai Consulate ..
                                Mine was a H1 renewal after 3 years and I scheduled an appointment with my wife ( who was applying for a fresh H4 ) .. Mine is an E-V-C model ..

The interview seemed to be going well but the VO somehow was'nt convinced and requested all the employer docs through a 221(g) Blue Form .. Incidently I was carrying everything that she requested but she insisted that I drop them in the drop box ..

Dropped all the docs alongwith my passports in VFS Bangalore on 16th March 2011 .. The wait begins ....

I know there are no standard turnaround times but has anyone got lucky with a Blue 221g and Chennai Consulate and had a processing time which is lesser than 4-6 weeks ..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X