No announcement yet.

221(g) yellow form during H1B Visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No update today - looks like we will have to wait till next week!

Comment

• Originally posted by h1brenewal71 View Post
      Here's my status:

H1B Visa Renewal
      Interview Date: 12/20/2010
      Admin Processing : Yellow 221 G, no documents asked, was told that interview was fine
      Awaiting for email.
      Did they look at your pay stubs since you reach US?
      Income tax returns since first year to till now?

are you working for the same client that since the time of the extension filed?

Comment

• Back in the US

All,
        Got the approval !!!
        I have been waiting from Dec 27, 2010 when I submitted my docs. Finally got the mail to submit my passport on April 14, 2011.
        Here are my case details:
        Visa Interview: Dec 17, 2010 Issued 221g (H1B), Mumbai Consulate
        Submitted Docs: Dec 27, 2010
        Received email: April 14, 2011.
        Submitted passport: April 15, 2011
        Received passport from VFS: April 20, 2011 (with the visa stamped)

Also, my number never appeared in the list. I only got the email. After submitting the passport, it took 3 working days before it was available for collection at VFS. (Probably would have taken 2 more days if it were mailed out)
        No problems at the PoE.

This forum really helped during the entire duration of anxiously waiting.
        Thank you all. It just seems to be taking time to complete the processing and we have no option but to patiently wait it out. (which I know is incredibly difficult)
        All the best and hope you all get ur visa soon!!!

Comment

• 221g Blue - no status available ?

@Shervin143 & Dec221g :

I had got 221g Blue notice, the second time also. i attended the interview in chennai consulate. So is there a way to know the status online.. the wait for the mail from consulate is really depressing..

H1B approved on March 4th.
          Approved till 2013.
          interview date : 29 March 2011
          @Chennai Consulate
          Got 221g for additional documents - asked client letter and contract
          April 5th - provided all the documents
          Aprill 11 - got passport in VFS
          April 14 - got passport in hand.. this time with second blue notice saying adminstrative processing..

Dont know what kind of hit i got.. not a muslim... but done Btech in Chemical Engineering.. so may be Mantis security check.. but not sure..

So please advice whether calling DOS through attorney will help ? or shall i apply a new H1 this year.

Comment

• Pink Slip 29 March Chennai. No Docs Asked. PPT Kept

Hello Guys,

I am posting my case details , hopefully someone having a similar experience may share their details.
            Visa: H1-B
            VI: 29 March 2011 , re-stamping, came on a vacation
            Questions Asked: Highest Edu and resposibilities in your current role ( answered strictly according to I129)
            VO then returns ppt and everything else and asks to wait for number again. When number is called an Indian lady asks if you have been to any other country - NO , then keeps ppt, DS160, interview letter and BEP letter and tells me it will take MAX 8 weeks

I was working in US since March 2008, have a clean record and employed with an MNC with a big healthcare client. Am i supposed to get this AP crap every time i go for stamping. It happened in B1 also in 2007 but that time it took only 3 weeks , now it is 4 weeks and counting. From reading this forum I see many ppl stuck for months, I hope and pray to get that elusive sticker soon.

Comment

• anyone lucky on today's list?

Comment

• I dont feature in the list either, there was only one update for the older numbers. the last three lists that they have put out have had 40,30 and 30 cases respectively. It looks like they are either slowing down or have cleared most of their cases.

Comment

• @221Blue_29March : I think you should look for as many cases u can find, this forum is a good resource, you should go through the history and see how long it is taking on an average.

Comment

• any luck today - seems to be updating new cases only. This is frustrating!

Comment

• @221g_yellow_6Dec: I received an email from the Consulate to submit my passport to them on Friday...my number did not appear in the list, waiting for the passport to be returned back to me

Comment

• @ Dec_221g - CONGRATS! Please keep us posted on when you receive your passport with your visa in it! Your number might be updated in the next update which is tomorrow - am sure they will update their April pdf as well as have a new May case update pdf.

Comment

• 221g Green Slip - Passport with Embassy since Feb15th 2011.

Hey guys,

I have been reading this forum and it's been of great help to keep up the confidence. Although there have been few rejections I read about but I hope all of us can somehow manage to overcome this issue.

Specifics:
                          Visa Interview: Feb 15th
                          Consulate: New Delhi
                          Result: 221g Green Slip issued
                          Documents Retained: Passport & I-797 with Embassy since Feb 15th
                          Documents Submission Date: Feb 22nd
                          Client Contacted: March 14th
                          Contacts: None since Feb 15th

On the basis of my reading, they should have at least contacted me by now. Luckily, I have been working in the Delhi office of my client but it's getting frustrating now. Any kind of input, suggestions would be most welcomed and I thank you guys in advance.

Wish you all a great luck as well!!

Comment

• Today's list looks like all the applications cleared are new!

Comment

• Hi

I appeared for H1B interview on 10th Feb & was out under 221 (green colour). I was asked some docs which i have submitted on 28th Feb. I am stilll waitinng for my visa . By any chance where u guys are looking at status & which list you r refering to. I appeared at Delhi consulate...

Comment

• @USER553 - we are looking at the case status file that is updated for those who appeared for their visa interview at the Mumbai consulate; don't know how to check updates for those who appeared in Delhi.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X