221(g) yellow form during H1B Visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yello221,

As per the response that you got from the consulate which says application is incomplete or inconclusive....Don't they check it at USCIS while processing H1B....
    It is so frustrating that they tell us such things after H1B is approved from US...I feel like consulates are just trying to trouble us and trying to discourage us from returning...

Just keep it up though..

Originally posted by yello221 View Post
    last week i send an email to consulate asking what is the status of my application.

they send me following reply:

Dear Sir/Madam,

As per the US Consulate your case is currently on hold under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) pending the officer’s review. Section 221(g) of the INA prohibits the issuance of a visa to an individual whose application is incomplete or inconclusive, or whose eligibility has not been firmly established.

Comment

• Originally posted by yello221 View Post
      Hell333

Did you got any reply form consulate?

All the december case are getting cleared.

No update on my side bud. Still admin processing.

Comment

• Originally posted by PiyushT View Post
        yello221,

As per the response that you got from the consulate which says application is incomplete or inconclusive....Don't they check it at USCIS while processing H1B....
        It is so frustrating that they tell us such things after H1B is approved from US...I feel like consulates are just trying to trouble us and trying to discourage us from returning...

Just keep it up though..
        May be they are checking Employer to Employer relationship. However whatever it is ...they should not take such a long time to review the case. This not only frustrate us but effect our job and also our future plans.
        On top of that our house rent , cars and everything is in problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by hell333 View Post
          No update on my side bud. Still admin processing.
          did you send them email recently? if yes then any update?

Comment

• Originally posted by PiyushT View Post
            April 5th, 9th and 10th CEAC barcodes appeared today. Did anybody from December interview get cleared?
            nope .. not lucky yet,...

but i see on 10th there is 2 old case aa00221 and aa00222 got cleared... so feeling that i will get reply soon as my case # begins with aa0022

Comment

• Any comments or suggestions??

I have been waiting since Dec 7th for visa clearance.

Is it possible to hire a lawyer to send a show cause notice to the US consulate at Mumbai for such a long delay and also to ask for transparency in the 221g processing, may be by invoking the right to information act, to find out why is it taking so long for processing?

Also, is it possible to file a suit for damages incurred (rent, insurance, no pay, etc.) due to their delay in processing and refusal to give the status of visa processing which prevents us from proper financial planning.

Let me know if anybody have any comments or experiences or suggestions.

Comment

• Finally i got email from consulate today at 11.00am IST.

they asked me to submit passport. which i have already done today ..

Hope it get stamp and i receive it soon ..

Comment

• Congratulations yello...

Originally posted by yello221 View Post
                  Finally i got email from consulate today at 11.00am IST.

they asked me to submit passport. which i have already done today ..

Hope it get stamp and i receive it soon ..

Comment

• End of 221g

I got my passport today with stamp on it.

My best wishes for everyone who are still waiting for reply from consulate. Hope everyone get positive reply soon .

Have patience and pray as prayer are always answered.

cheers...

Comment

• adding to the list of 221g victims

Congratulations yello221g .. good to see someone coming out of this mess
                      -------------
                      My Case
                      -------------
                      Came to India on vacation and H1B stamping, visa extention was approved through Premium processing while I was in US.
                      (Had an RFE on visa extention case, replied and waited for 8 months then employer applied for premium processing as I had to come to India on vacation)
                      Interviewed at Mumbai Consulate (H1 and H4)
                      Date 29th Feb
                      Case # AA0024 YYYY (Does it have a sequence or something .. anybody else with AA0024 YYYY ??)
                      After the interview the officer told me that though the petition is approved its showing pending in their system. So I just have to wait for few days till the status reflects as approved in their system. No Docs required to submit and handed over me a yellow 221g form.

My wife's case number appeared on PDF after 2 weeks of the interview but mine is still pending.

8th Week is going on .. this is really frustrating

Did not have any idea about this 221g form issue until recently when I read so many articles about it on Internet.

Lets see if anyone gets lucky in today's report .. good luck everyone

Comment

• Mumbai Consulate - Today's list is out

Today's list is out (Mumbai Consulate). No luck for me

11 cases got cleared today.
                        2 case number looks like AA001 YYYY X .. guess those folks would be waiting for long.
                        1 from AA0021 series and 1 case from AA0022 series.

None from AA0024 series .. anyone in this forum with AA0024 series case number waiting?

Anyone got lucky today?
                        Last edited by chirag221gyellow; 04-20-2012, 06:51 AM. Reason: adding text

Comment

• 221 G yellow slip - Mumbai consulate

Visa Interview - 23 April. Came to India for office work.

I went with my wife for stamping, the visa officer took my passport and said my visa will be processed and returned my wife's passport (H4 stamp) with a yellow slip - no documents required.

I still haven't received my passport, When I check the status on vfs website, its states "Your passport is under process at US consulate".

I have a return ticket for April 29th and I don't know why they are still holding my passport?
                          Last edited by mat75; 04-26-2012, 04:02 AM.

Comment

• December/January?

Are there any cases still pending since December or January with a yellow slip..

I am waiting since December 7th...No documents asked so far and status still pending.

Comment

• 221g Yello Receipt - Hyd Consulate

Came to India on vacation and H1B stamping, My Visa was approved through Premium processing while I was in US.

Interview Date: March 1st
                              got 221(g) yellow form

I submitted all the documents requested by the Visa Officer in response to the 221(g) yellow form on March 7th. I have been patiently waiting for an update for the past two months. My patience is wearing thin and I started losing hope on the entire H1-B visa stamping process.

Let me know if anybody have any experiences.

Comment

• H1B Amendment done before visiting India

Hi,

I had to do the H1B amendment for adding the client's address as the temporary work address in my H1 document.

Interview date : Jan 19, 2012 - Mumbai Consulate
                                221G : Yellow slip (no documents asked)
                                Still Waiting

Please let me know if anyone had a similar case.

Can anyone advice how much time does it take generally for processing when given a yellow slip and no documents asked?

Regards,
                                Amit

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X