No announcement yet.

221(g) yellow form during H1B Visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chirag ... look at this way bro .. there cannot be much more time left .. u may want to enjoy ur final few days in india .. coz after that u are gonna be stuck in usa for a while .. i promise

Again bro .. best of luck ... i will pray for u too

Originally posted by chirag221gyellow View Post
    100 days .. cant say time really flies coz it feels I have been waiting for 100 years for bar code to appear in the darn pdf
    every day I try to keep motivating myself in the hope that the day will come when I will be out of this mess and will be able to live life peacefully for some time at least. Because one or the other thing will again come to trouble me but I am sure nothing will be more excruciating than the wait for this 221g case clearance.

All I can say is be cheerful, spend the extra time you have got with your friends and family.
    I also read a line somewhere few days back which all of us can relate to very well ...
    "However good or bad a situation is, it will change."

Watch Rowdy Rathore for some mindless comedy

Comment

• @damiendevlon - Thanks bro.

Do anyone know whats up with Mumbai Consulate CSR.
      It has not been updated since last Thursday

Comment

• Originally posted by india2012 View Post
        @chirag221gyellow

Today is my 97th day......even same situation is at my end. Neither of employer or client contacted yet.
        Dear today it is my 191 day. Be cool hope for the best.

Comment

• It has been 200 days in India now.. still waiting ...and no update on the website since 6th of June...

This is what is called going through all weathers...
          I mean really weathers....winter...summer and now monsoon too.....
          enjoying Indian monsoon after many years....
          this is true test of patience...I'm sure this is for the best to come next...

Comment

• 195 Days .................

We have completed 195 days today

Comment

• @piyush.

i think we have not included the powercuts .. that can be another new indian season

-

Originally posted by PiyushT View Post
              It has been 200 days in India now.. still waiting ...and no update on the website since 6th of June...

This is what is called going through all weathers...
              I mean really weathers....winter...summer and now monsoon too.....
              enjoying Indian monsoon after many years....
              this is true test of patience...I'm sure this is for the best to come next...

Comment

• Received an email from consulate yesterday mentioning that they asked me to submit some documents at visa interview and have not received it yet. But I wasn't asked to submit any documents and my visa interview lasted just over one minute and later was handed over yellow form 221g.

Yesterday's email had a green form attachment asking for documents like resume, invitation letter, funding source, project details, travel info etc.

I have a job offer letter mentioning dates of employment and employer info. Why do they need invitation letter. Does anybody have any information as to what should be included in the invitation letter?

Did anybody go through similar situation? how much I might have to wait after submission of information from my end. I have already spent 6 months in India waiting for any response from the consulate.

Thanks,
                Piyush

Comment

• Hi Piyush,

You said that you received email yesterday from consulate. But then how did they respond you, I mean did you / employer emailed the consulate about your status and then consulate responded to your email or they themselves send a reminder email.

Please let me know I am in similar situation.

Thanks.

Received an email from consulate yesterday mentioning that they asked me to submit some documents at visa interview and have not received it yet. But I wasn't asked to submit any documents and my visa interview lasted just over one minute and later was handed over yellow form 221g.

Yesterday's email had a green form attachment asking for documents like resume, invitation letter, funding source, project details, travel info etc.

I have a job offer letter mentioning dates of employment and employer info. Why do they need invitation letter. Does anybody have any information as to what should be included in the invitation letter?

Did anybody go through similar situation? how much I might have to wait after submission of information from my end. I have already spent 6 months in India waiting for any response from the consulate.

Thanks,
                  Piyush

Comment

• I am in Employer -> Client model. So for me invitation letter will be provided by client on his letterpad stating about the client details (a brief information), project overview, project location, project duration, my job responsibilities broken out in % of total efforts to be spent on each task.

Received an email from consulate yesterday mentioning that they asked me to submit some documents at visa interview and have not received it yet. But I wasn't asked to submit any documents and my visa interview lasted just over one minute and later was handed over yellow form 221g.

Thanks,
                    Piyush

Comment

• That's shocking now..... what were they doing from last 200 days .....
                      Anyways have you tried contacting them in between??

Thanks,
                      Piyush

Comment

• found a sample format online ..

Date
                        To,

Visa Officer
                        Consulate General of United States of America
                        Chennai 600 006
                        India.

Dear Officer,

The following is the project and duties of Mr. YYYY during his stay in the United States with our company. Mr. YYYY is to perform as a Programmer Analyst using his technical and analytical skills on the below mentioned project.

Project Description:
                        YYYY YYYY YYYY XX. Some of the salient features of this product are:

ZZZ1.
                        ZZZ2
                        ZZZ3
                        ZZZ4
                        Responsibilities:

Resp1.
                        Resp2
                        Etc..

Skills Required: Skill1, Skill2, Skill3

The following is the start date and location of the project:

Project Start Date : YYYY 2006
                        Project End Date : YYYY 2008 (with a possibility of extension)

Regards,

YYYYYY
                        Designation
                        Phone

Comment

• reading on different sites and forums I feel you getting a notification about document submission is a good sign. Submit all required documents soon and it should not take long now if they get all what they need. good luck.

Thanks,
                          Piyush

Comment

• CSR Updation

Does anyone know how often the case status report for Mumbai consulate gets updated? I had my interview on 7th and I just started tracking the bar code updation. The VFS helpline said that it gets updated on Tuesdays and Fridays but it got updated today (Wed) and did not get updated last Friday. So does anyone who has been tracking this for longer- please share your thoughts.

Comment

• I check it daily .. it was getting updated daily for past few weeks .. last week there was a gap of few days. Are you also in 221g yellow line? Did VO tell any specific reason for 221g yellow during your interview.

Originally posted by chrisf1903 View Post
                              Does anyone know how often the case status report for Mumbai consulate gets updated? I had my interview on 7th and I just started tracking the bar code updation. The VFS helpline said that it gets updated on Tuesdays and Fridays but it got updated today (Wed) and did not get updated last Friday. So does anyone who has been tracking this for longer- please share your thoughts.

Comment

• Please suggest

Originally posted by shaha466 View Post
                                Hi,

I had to do the H1B amendment for adding the client's address as the temporary work address in my H1 document.

Interview date : Jan 19, 2012 - Mumbai Consulate
                                221G : Yellow slip (no documents asked)
                                Still Waiting

Please let me know if anyone had a similar case.

Can anyone advice how much time does it take generally for processing when given a yellow slip and no documents asked?

Regards,
                                Amit
                                I received an email from the consulate on June 11 to submit my passport for final processing.

I received my passport back today (June 15) with another yellow slip for further administrative processing.

Can someone please suggest what should I do now? What options do I have?

Please let me know if someone is in the same situation..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X