• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats Vijay2308

Good News.. ......................Have safe trip to USA

Originally posted by vijay2308 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Finally I got my visa approved & got Passport in hand today. Below is my 221g journey,

31-May-2012: Visa Interview in HYD consulate. VO asked all general questions and the interview went fine without any issues. VO mentioned that I can collected my PP after 2-3 business days from VFS counter.

5-June-2012: The status of my PP changed and I went to collect it. I found, no visa stamped on my PP and there was someone’s refusal letter attached to it (Refusal letter was not on my name).

5-June-2012: Contacted my Corporate team and they emailed this issue to consulate.

7-June-2012: Received email response from Hyd-Consulate that, it’s a wrong refusal letter but my case is under admin processing.

20-June-2012: I came to know there was an inquiry made by consulate with my Client through email. Client has responded positively to consulate inquiry.

After a long gap………..on,

23-Oct-2012: I got an email from Hyd CEA to submit my PP for further processing. Submitted the passport on the same day.
    I have been tracking my passport from the day I submitted using the [email protected], I could see the gradual improvement in the status.

30-Oct-2012L: I could track the status as “Ready for Pickup”, but my Corporate team suggested me to wait for an email from them to go and collect. I waited for 5 days, but I didn’t get any email or sms.

5-Nov-2012: I went to OFC and collected the passport.

Overall, no one could expedite this process; it just came out on its own. All the best friends, you all will have this kind of golden day soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by vijay2308 View Post
      Hi Guys,
      Finally I got my visa approved & got Passport in hand today. Below is my 221g journey,

31-May-2012: Visa Interview in HYD consulate. VO asked all general questions and the interview went fine without any issues. VO mentioned that I can collected my PP after 2-3 business days from VFS counter.

5-June-2012: The status of my PP changed and I went to collect it. I found, no visa stamped on my PP and there was someone’s refusal letter attached to it (Refusal letter was not on my name).

5-June-2012: Contacted my Corporate team and they emailed this issue to consulate.

7-June-2012: Received email response from Hyd-Consulate that, it’s a wrong refusal letter but my case is under admin processing.

20-June-2012: I came to know there was an inquiry made by consulate with my Client through email. Client has responded positively to consulate inquiry.

After a long gap………..on,

23-Oct-2012: I got an email from Hyd CEA to submit my PP for further processing. Submitted the passport on the same day.
      I have been tracking my passport from the day I submitted using the [email protected], I could see the gradual improvement in the status.

30-Oct-2012L: I could track the status as “Ready for Pickup”, but my Corporate team suggested me to wait for an email from them to go and collect. I waited for 5 days, but I didn’t get any email or sms.

Overall, no one could expedite this process; it just came out on its own. All the best friends, you all will have this kind of golden day soon.
      Congratulations Vijay!

Comment

• Originally posted by vijay2308 View Post
        Hi Guys,

After a long gap………..on,

Good luck Mate...relief finally

Comment

• Thanks Guys. The forums were very helpful. I request everyone to share their experiences once they are done with visa processing also.

Comment

• Hi

HI Any update guys??

Comment

• @Iv

Nothing yet....the consulate hasn't worked much since Diwali I guess....they are off again until monday for Thanksgiving which usually marks the beginning of a looong vacation period in the US...so I'd assume not much progress can be expected for a cpl of months...

Comment

• Re-interview

I have been asked for an re-interview after a span of 1 year for H1b visa.Please guide what will be queries.

THxs

Comment

• H4 221G Yellow to send Documents, interview date was aug 27.

Embassy called to go and collect the passport at OFS. The passport tracker link shows same thing,"ready to pick up" does it mean visa is approved? Can any one tell me. ?

Comment

• Hi

Originally posted by lost4life View Post
                    Embassy called to go and collect the passport at OFS. The passport tracker link shows same thing,"ready to pick up" does it mean visa is approved? Can any one tell me. ?

LostforLife: Was your visa stamped ?

Did anyone else have any updates. I completed 3 1/2 months with no updates. Extremely frustrated!

Comment

• Originally posted by visit2011 View Post

Did anyone else have any updates. I completed 3 1/2 months with no updates. Extremely frustrated!
                      I am wondering if I understood this correct. Do you mean you are stranded in Canada for 3.5 months now? What city are you in?
                      did you try emailing the consulate. I believe processing usually take 2-3 weeks.

Comment

Nope....I have been waiting for 5 1/2 months...and they keep postponing the availability of CEAC website as well

Comment

• Hi

Originally posted by nehs View Post
                          I am wondering if I understood this correct. Do you mean you are stranded in Canada for 3.5 months now? What city are you in?
                          did you try emailing the consulate. I believe processing usually take 2-3 weeks.
                          I am In India. I attended my Visa Interview in New Delhi Consulate. It is my First Time H1B Stmaping. Changing Status from F1-OPT to H1-B. Petition was approved in late 2010. Also I am a Masters degree holder in my field and work as a Full Time Employee. The VO asked me 2-3 simple questions and then handed over everything back to me saying he needs some more information about my case and that he will get back to me. No 221G given. No case Number provided. No updates since then. Even my employer has not been contacted. DOS says my case is pending and it is still with Delhi Embassy. Its a vicious Circle and I can't seem to find any way out.

Comment

• Originally posted by ras305 View Post
                            Nope....I have been waiting for 5 1/2 months...and they keep postponing the availability of CEAC website as well
                            Sorry to hear about this. Do you at least have your passport with you?

Comment

I am In India. I attended my Visa Interview in New Delhi Consulate. It is my First Time H1B Stmaping. Changing Status from F1-OPT to H1-B. Petition was approved in late 2010. Also I am a Masters degree holder in my field and work as a Full Time Employee. The VO asked me 2-3 simple questions and then handed over everything back to me saying he needs some more information about my case and that he will get back to me. No 221G given. No case Number provided. No updates since then. Even my employer has not been contacted. DOS says my case is pending and it is still with Delhi Embassy. Its a vicious Circle and I can't seem to find any way out.
                              Sorry to hear this. This is definitely stressful. Can you contact the embassy again to see if they have updates?

Is your job area in a high-security field? I don't seem to understand why it would take so long especially since you completed your master's in US(I hope the university was a legitimate one).

Comment

• Originally posted by nehs View Post
                                Sorry to hear about this. Do you at least have your passport with you?
                                I hv my Passport with me. I had been through this before for L1 and B1. It was much quicker then...H1z a hardship

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X