No announcement yet.

221(g) yellow form during H1B Visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• msan - what message do you see when you enter your passport on the consulate website? also, is the passport still with u?

Comment

• Hey All,

I think we all are going to get the reply within 2 weeks......lets all b hopeful...heard so many cases which got cleared in 3 months.....so this is our chance now........lets all pray hard...

Comment

• Finally got my Barcode in Feb-22 List

Guys...

I see my Barcode number included in today's status report (Feb 22nd)...

But I don't have received any email from the consulate yet...Not sure Can I go ahead and submit my passport to VFS? I am going to visit VFS center tomorrow.

my details:
        VI date: Dec 3
        Issued 221g yellow form
        No doc's asked.
        Total days waited: 80

I think many cases are being cleared in the third month of processing (I saw 69 cases got added on Feb 18 list and 12 cases in today's list) so be patient and have faith in GREAT GOD...hopefully everyone will get out of this mess soon!!!

Will keep you guys posted further...

Comment

• Hi all,

Just wanted to add my story to the thread!

Chennai Interview: Dec 8th
          221(g) for damaged passport was sent

Resubmitted New + Old passport: Feb 9th

Still waiting....

Hopefully it's not going to take 3 months from this month!

I work for a large global company directly, went to the US for undergrad to a top-30 university, and have already been working there for a year and a half.

Comment

• congrats raaz for getting your bar code in the pdf! Just go to the consulate and submit the passport..I think it's a done deal..

It's really nice to know that they are clearing cases fast now..hopefully, everyone will hear good news soon..

let us know when you get your passport stamped.
            btw, is your employer desi or american?

Comment

• @f12gc

I am working for an American employer with 18k+ employees. This was my first H1-b stamping (stayed on F1 for one year before...and working on h1-b for 2.5 years)...

The DOS site shows 1 day for visa processing righ now at Mumbai consulate so I hope it should be fast...I will post when I get the stamped passports...

Comment

• @f12gc: I have my passport with me. What about you?

@razz: congratulations! Keep us updated after you submit your passport to vfs. My VI was on 3rd dec too. I am keeping some hopes now.

Comment

• Where do you see on DOS website 1 day processing at Mumbai consulate. Can you post the link?

Originally posted by Razz View Post
                  @f12gc

I am working for an American employer with 18k+ employees. This was my first H1-b stamping (stayed on F1 for one year before...and working on h1-b for 2.5 years)...

The DOS site shows 1 day for visa processing righ now at Mumbai consulate so I hope it should be fast...I will post when I get the stamped passports...

Comment

• 221G Yellow Form

Hi All,

Just wanted to tell you all that i got the email from consulate to submit the passport for further processing after waited for 2.5 months with yellow form and i have submitted the passport on monday, it is currently under process at consulate but My Bar code Number is not listed in the updated sheet so not sure about if they updates all cases in that sheet. As some people gets an email and don't get their barcode in the sheet and some people gets their barcode in the sheet and don't get an email from consulate.

So make sure to keep on checking both, list as well as email.

Regards
                    Jigs

Comment

• @msan:

I got my Barcode in the status pdf and also received email from the consulate.

For those who provided secondary email when the consulate site asks for while sending the links to the confirmation page (after submitting the application DS160) be sure to check your secondary email too...I didn't get any email in the ID which I specified throughout my DS-160 so make sure this...
                      Last edited by Razz; 02-23-2011, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• Any one any updates????last month when i called DOS they first told its under administrative processing..and when i asked in detail she told me the message is waiting for information from dec 13 2010. My interview was on dec 9.........yesterday when i callled again i asked them wheter they got the information and she told i can just see its under administrative processing. I hope they got all the information and will get my visa done soon.

Comment

• 221g cleared

Hello Guys,

I got standard email from US Consulate today, really felt good.

Interview Date: 12/22/2010
                          Admin Processing : Yellow 221 G, no documents asked
                          Email Date: 02/04/2011
                          Total days in Admin Processing 43days(30 Business days)
                          Passport Submission Date: 02/07/11
                          passport received on: 02/10/11
                          left India on: 02/11/11

I WILL PRAY FOR ALL YOU GUYS STILL WAITING... TRUST YOURSELF AND GOD.. YOU WILL BE BACK IN USA SAFE AND SOUND...

Comment

• congrats

thanks 221gyellometoo for letting us know your case and congrats for getting everything cleared!

Is your employer desi or american?

Comment

• Congrats to all whose cases got cleared.

Now, it looks like I am the only one waiting whose VI was in dec first week. I am almost completing 3 months now.

Comment

• I am completing about 3.5 months now no email or barcode in status list yet..
                                Originally posted by msan View Post
                                Congrats to all whose cases got cleared.

Now, it looks like I am the only one waiting whose VI was in dec first week. I am almost completing 3 months now.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X