No announcement yet.

221(g) yellow form during H1B Visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.5 months a long time man..i am almost thr at 3 months.........rsk123 can u give us more details about ur case?

@msan do u try calling DOS and what is their response?

Comment

• DOS had a standard reply that its under processing My attorney had also sent an email but no revert till date.

I dont know when will the wait be over for us Has anyone tried anything else then contacting senator, calling DOS and emailing VFS/mumbai consulate?

Comment

• I had give my VI on 16th nov ... no documents asked and got 221g ..I am not sure what is causing so much delay in my case ... I am working directly as a employee of a medium size company since 2 years .. so I dont think that should be the problem..
        but I do have a common muslim name although I am not muslim , and I had to go abroad for some office work recently.. maybe that led to security clearance but its taking too much time. One other thing I had to undergo 'name' clearance when i had applied for F1 , at that time it took only 3 week. So I will be suprised if it is security clearance I have to go through again! I did try to communicate that with embassy but it doesnot seem to change anything on the process..

Has anyone have any other ideas to how to push the progress of the 221g case?

Comment

• I work directly for a small american firm....joined thr after my MS....this is my first time stamping. I had traveeled abroad 5 years back...and i dnt have a common muslim name as well. But when I was in US my previous passport was expired and had to apply for a new one. I dnt know whether that is causing this delay or the travel abroad. But my travel was not to any middle east countries. My F1 stamping was smooth. Hope this wait will be over soon

Comment

• My 221g story

I gave my VI on the 6th of Dec and I too have a common muslim name even though I am not muslim.

Also - in 2009, when I had tried to stamp my previous visa in the Bahamas, I was chosen for a random security check but I was allowed to withdraw my application, proceed to Chennai where I got it stamped immediately and returned to the States within a week.

For this visa interview on the 6th of Dec, there was no option for me to withdraw my application and the VO assured my wife and I that it would take 3-4 days at the most (we would make our 14th Dec flight back)!

From what I have heard; the 221g selection is random but apparently just the H1-B backlog is huge and hence the delay. There is no way to question why one is selected for the 221g or what causes the application to clear sooner rather than later. I think all of us have received the same ambiguous answers that add to our misery.

Has anyone contacted either a local or American immigration lawyer to understand the causes?

Comment

• @msan

my lawyer filed expedite request for my case in January. When the administrative process was completed, the Mumbai consulate sent email to my lawyer that my case is ready to resume the pending visa application. Not sure whether the processing completed because of the expedite request by my lawyer? But it is clear that Mumbai consulate sent email to lawyer that means consulate do consider their voice!!!

Originally posted by msan View Post
              DOS had a standard reply that its under processing My attorney had also sent an email but no revert till date.

I dont know when will the wait be over for us Has anyone tried anything else then contacting senator, calling DOS and emailing VFS/mumbai consulate?

Comment

• @Razz how can one file expedite request with embassy? do you mean you file request with the local senator or its something else? Please let us know so those who are still stuck might try it out..

Comment

• The lawyer asked my manager to provide language on the business needs of my prompt return and filed for expedite request. The whole process was in back of the door so don't know the details about it...I know about this request because the lawyer asked for my authorization in dept. of homeland security Form G-28: Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Accredited Representative..

Originally posted by rks123 View Post
                  @Razz how can one file expedite request with embassy? do you mean you file request with the local senator or its something else? Please let us know so those who are still stuck might try it out..

Comment

• Hmm.. my lawyer does not seem to know about this process .. she said she cannot do anything from her side to expedite or request any information.. but my company field request with the senator lets see if they help out..

Originally posted by Razz View Post
                    The lawyer asked my manager to provide language on the business needs of my prompt return and filed for expedite request. The whole process was in back of the door so don't know the details about it...I know about this request because the lawyer asked for my authorization in dept. of homeland security Form G-28: Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Accredited Representative..

Comment

• No Response

Still no response what about the others anyone else heard on the lists that got updated recently??

Comment

• nothing yet from my side

Comment

• @ Razz did u try contacting DOS just before you got their email>?and what was thr response?

It looks like all those who are waiting for almost 3 months gone for name check.

@msan do you have a common M name?? I dnt have a common name but looks like all those who are waiitng for so long came under this.......

Comment

• I dont have a common M name. No good news as yet

Comment

• Has anyone received an email this week? The report is not updated as yet.

Comment

• No news for me either.......and last week also i ddint hear anyone geting the email and so it think its again a vacation time for the consulate now........It looks like the mails usually coming on thursdays and fridays...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X