221(g) yellow form during H1B Visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March/April Updates

Well, the list is out but still no luck for me yet..i think there were fewer cases than tuesday this time round

Comment

• hey guys.....my number got updated today in the "MARCH" list.....so make sure you check all the pdf's/...I will submit my passport today....hope to get teh visa stamped...

Comment

• Client Letter

Hello Friends,

As you all know the USCIS is requesting to submit bunch of documents according to 221(g). My Client is a State Government Agency based in New York they claim that they have never provided a Client Letter to a consultant. I work on a Employer - Vendor - Client basis my Employer is ready to provide all the required documents and i'm waiting only on the Client Letter. I have requested my Client regarding the need of Client Letter and send them a copy of 221(g). It has been a month from now,but whenever i contact them they reply saying they are seeking a legal advice and the attorney hasn't reply them back. Friends can you please give me an advice in which manner can i approach if possible without a Client Letter.

Comment

• 221g blue slip

Hi All,
          i have attened interview on 22/03/2011, the VO ask me nearly 10 to 15 questions, i have answered them all correctly, but he ask me employers telephone num, i said i dont remember, then he said you are going to work there but you dont know their telephone num and he ask me write the same on a paper, after all he said your application need some additional administrative process and gave me 221 g blue slip, where he did not mentioned any documents to submit. even they did not take my passport also, will it be any problem in my case, if any one is in the same boat then plz let me know what to do next.
          Thanks in advance

Comment

• No luck for me either!
            @Dec_221g - what was your interview date in Mumbai?

Comment

• @221g_yellow_6Dec : My interview was on 8th December

Comment

• yello form:letter from US consulate,mumbai

Letter from Mumbai consulate after Yellow slip.
                Yellow slip from Mumbai consulate on 3rd March,2011: Health care worker
                Consulate Location - Mumbai

Interview Date - 8th feb,2011-221g blue

2nd interviw- 24 th feb,2011-221g blue

3rd interview: 2nd march,2011-submited all documents to visa officer. Got yellow slip and told to wait for e-mail from consulate.

Docs submitted? yes
                Docs submitted Date -2nd march,2011
                Email Receipt Date - Not yet,waiting
                Passport Submission Date - N/A
                Passport Stamped/Received Date - waiting
                Waiting Since (in calendar days) -33 days

Petition Details:

Employer Type - American
                Employer Size - 63
                Assignment Type - N/A
                I-797 Approval Date - May, 2010
                How long did you live in the US before going for this stamping?: 2 years and 1 month
                Muslim:no

NEW UPDATE ****
                I got a letter( on 27th march,2011) from Mumbai US consulate stating that they have forwarded my documents to USCIS for review and possible revocation.(written on 21st march,2011)
                Now everything is up to USCIS re-approval on my case.
                Anybody with same case??
                wt r the chances of getting positive response from USCIS? How long do they take to process the decision??

Can my lawyer and employer help me?

I am licensed health care professional.Never imagined that US consulate can even trouble health care worker!!

Please update your case ...

Comment

• @ Dec_221g - given that we are both approaching the fateful 4 month mark - have you thought of re-engaging your current counsel or hiring new counsel to file a writ of mandamus?

Also - what are the details of your case? We seem to be the 'senior' most on this forum that hasn't heard a word from the consulate.

Comment

• @221g_yellow_6Dec: At this point, I am still going to wait and see how it plays out over the next couple of weeks. The fact that rks got his approval last week gives me a little bit of hope. From what I know, the background check takes anywhere between 3 to 5 months, even though there have been those odd cases that have taken a lot longer.
                    As far as my history is concerned, I have been in the US for 10 years,did my Masters there and have been directly employed with a large firm for the last 8 years. I am not a Muslim, neither do I have a common Muslim name. I have not had an visa related issues before.

Did you luck out today, my case number was not in the list

Comment

• @Dec_221g - no luck today for me either.
                      I have a similar story - been in the US for close to 9 years after doing my masters; work for a Fortune 500 company with over 13K employees (completing 5 years with them this month) in a Sales Management role (not IT or Finance).

I am not Muslim but my first name could be considered Muslim; my last visa stamping was in the Bahamas where I was chosen for a random security check in July 09 - but I was allowed to withdraw my application, fly to Chennai and was approved on the spot.
                      So - I am not sure what is being investigated; I agree that with rks hearing back - that we should be in luck, but I want to ensure that if required - I can file for a writ of mandamus to get an answer.

I guess the only possible co-relation between the time taken for 'administrative' processing delays has to do with your duration of stay in the US.

Comment

• Yellow form sec 221g

Hi,

My interview date was 18th Jan for 2nd time H1B stamping, got stuck in sec 221 g.
                        Just saw my CEAC barcode updated today in the pdf, however I have not received any mail from consulate.

Has this happened with others also, is this OK

Will submitting the passport tomorrow to VFS office. Let me know

Hoping for the Best.
                        Thanks

Comment

• @skh1b18jan - congrats; you should be fine without getting the email. Good luck on submitting your passport!

Comment

• 221(g) yellow form during H1B Visa stamping @ Hyderabad

Hi Guys,

I have been following this portal from quite a few days and I share the same fate of numerous people here. Here are my case details. The VO took my passport, I-140, paystubs, Client Letter...All Originals.

Consulate: Hyderabad
                            Interview: 20th Jan 2011 (Yellow Form;No docs were ticked)
                            passport submitted: Same Day;20th Jan 2011(Taken by the VO)
                            Email date: Not yet received any email
                            Passport received: Not yet received the passport
                            Mine is a E-C model. No vendor at all.

I learnt from someone that if no docs are checked on the Yellow Form, then we need to submit all the docs that are present on the Yellow form. Can someone confirm if that is true? Also my attorney called the DC Immigration office and asked about my passport recently. We got a reply saying that they will return the passport if I send an email about the passport. I am not sending any email to them.

Also I have sent around 4 emails to them asking about the update of my case. I just received a reply saying that I have to wait until they send me an update. Even the case status # is not showing any updates at all.

Can someone please let me know if they share the same story so that we can be in touch. I will let you know my details through a PM.

Also the consulate did not contact my client at all till now. Did anyone receive the VISA without the client being contacted at all? I worry that since my client was not contacted yet will it take much more time for my case to be processed.

Response Appreciated.
                            Last edited by 0843; 04-05-2011, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• same case

hi i have same case like u . i have interview at delhi on 22 march they took my passport and exprience latter and 1 - 797 . i just want to know how long with u case did u get u r passport back or did u get any replay from us consulate .
                              please mail me on [email protected] if u got any update in u r case

Comment

• another shocker from embassy

I just recieved my passport back from the embassy via courier today , but a suprise awaitied in it , no stamp on the passport plus another 221g yellow later stating the same thing as last latter you 'application requires further administrative processing' ! I had hoped one they give your case number in completed case list it really means they are completed with it, but you can expect the unexpected from them, i donot know why they asked my passport if thier processing is not complete , maybe they checked something in passport ..
                                I have emailed embassy to request some information on this .. I hope this one is completed in a few days!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X