No announcement yet.

221(g) yellow form during H1B Visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @7Feb2011 - thank you; I really hope this is it!

Comment

• Same was with my case...after i submitted my passport on monday, i calle don tuesday DOS told its still der AP..bt on wednesday they told its been issued.......All the d best and I am sure u will get it....i am so happy that u also got through....we were the ones who got stuck at the same time......

Comment

• Visa processed

Update on my visa case , my case number appeared in thier list last week and today I got passport back with stamped visa finally wait is over after 2 221g's and 6+months..

As others have mentioned , once embassy approves visa , dos would you be able to tell you the same .. so you can try calling them daily since you submit the passport ..

Comment

• congrats @rks123... your long wait atlast has ended. Did you receive email from consulate to submit the passport (first time when you got yellow letter) or just update in pdf?

Comment

• congrats RKS

@sub1976

I got the email and update in the pdf in march after 90 days of 221g
            tehn they stamped for my son and gave 221g again for my wife

Comment

• Congrats RKS123 - hope all our stories end well with a visa and we can go back in peace!

@dec9221g - Congrats! When did yours clear and when did you receive your visa?

Comment

• I had posted it before... interview on dec 9 and number updated in pdf on april 1st and visa received on april 7th..

Comment

• @sub1976 never got any emails to submit my passport , only my case number appeared on the list on thier website

Comment

• Congrats: RKS

Hi RKS,
                    Congrats.....and enjoy...Pray for me 2.
                    Regards

Comment

• @rks123 + dec9221g + anyone else that has received their passports back with the visa stamped - Were you the only applicants or were there dependents (spouse, children on H4) applicants on your petition? I ask because only my CEAC # was updated, not my wife's (who appeared for the interview with me) - however VFS accepted both our passports (thankfully) - am hoping that we both receive our passports back with visas in them at the soonest.
                      Anyone have anything similar happen to them?

Comment

• Just called DoS - visas have been issued for my wife and I; we should received our stamped passports via courier shortly! Whew - this is it!

Comment

• @221g_yellow_6Dec Congrats, the wait ends finally and we all r able to resume a normal life ! Forums like this were very helpful which kept us from losing hope in these long waits and take some minimum steps from our side, whether they helped or not..

Originally posted by 221g_yellow_6Dec View Post
                          Just called DoS - visas have been issued for my wife and I; we should received our stamped passports via courier shortly! Whew - this is it!

Comment

• Guys -- some news to share from my side. I got email from consulate on 24th that admin process is complete & to submit passport. I submitted on 25th. Called DOS on 26th and they said admin process is completed. Again called on 27th hoping i will hear if visa is issued and to my surprise they said it is still in Admin processing... totally confused now... waiting fingers crossed.. these guys seems to be well trained on how to confuse us....

The wording of email I got from consulate is confusing as well (pasted below). I am worried abt line "Sometimes you might be required to undergo additional administrative processing". Is this standard text ? Did anyone receive this earlier?

Dear Sir/Madam,

As of today, the administrative processing for your visa application is complete. Please submit the requested documents via our drop box operated by VFS the Consulates authorized courier agent

Please include the following:
                            1. Passport.

2. A hard copy of this email.

Please be advised that this email does not guarantee that you will receive your passport by your scheduled travel date. Sometimes you might be required to undergo additional administrative processing.
                            Thank you for your understanding and co operation.

Thank you,

Chennai, SAO

Comment

• Thanks rks123 - received our passports with visa stamps - it states Clearance received on May XX. Flying back tomorrow; this has been a very painful ordeal but it is finally over.
                              I agree - forums like these always help when you can share your pain and sorrow with people suffering the same fate.

Will let you know how it goes at the POE - Good Luck all and I hope this means that everyone is cleared at the soonest!

Comment

• @221g_yellow_6Dec - thats fantastic news! hope everything goes well at the POE as well, I was back in the US on the 18th, had no issues at the POE

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X