221(g) yellow form during H1B Visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello friends,

Please advice me on my situation, as i'm going through the admin process my vendor has sent me out an e-mail asking me for the sure return date by which i fail then the contract would be terminated. i have come to india on a month vacation it has been like 3 months ... can i forward the email reply which i have recieved from hyd consulate to my vendor saying that i can assure my exact return date ... please advice me friends ...

Comment

• @maxy_14in : I feel sorry for you brother. I am not sure forwarding the mail to the vendor will help your case. Private business cannot wait indefinitely. Try to buy time somehow and I hope it works out for you and all others and me as well.

Comment

• Its America losing an efficient and productive resources by keeping this kind of long processes -

Comment

• 221g Yellow Form H1B Visa at Hyd Consulate - Success Story

My wife went for an H1B interview at Hyderabad Consulate on May 4th 2011. She converted from H4 to H1B while in USA, and she works for a small sized Financial Firm.
          She was interviewed for about 45 minutes, most of the questions were about her employer, and some were about her qualifications and justfication of the job..They gave her a 221g asking to submit more documents related to the employer.

Documents were submitted on May 23rd 2011

When we started checking the case status online, it always said "case number cannot be found", we emailed the vfs helpline after a week, and got a response in 2 business days saying that the application is under adminstrative processing.

On June 3rd she received another email, asking to submit her Passport, once submitted she received her Passport with Visa on June 10th 2011.

Just an fyi..Even after getting the visa, the case status stil shows "Unable to find Case Number", not sure why its still the same..

What we observed is that, if the Visa Officer sends documents to Kentucky for further verifcation it would take more than a month, but if they were to take the decision without sending to Kentucky it would be lot quicker.

Hope this helps, Good Luck to all who are waiting for their response from Consulate.Pray to God and everything will be good!!

------------------------------------------------------------
          Visa Interview - May 4th 2011
          Documents Submitted - May 23rd 2011
          Received Email to Submit Passport - June 3rd 2011
          Received Passport with Visa - June 10th 2011

Thanks

Comment

• Can u plz let us know wat are the docs asked to submit ? I was asked to submit all the docs from the petitioner checked on 221(G).

[QUOTE=h1bsux;240994]My wife went for an H1B interview at Hyderabad Consulate on May 4th 2011. She converted from H4 to H1B while in USA, and she works for a small sized Financial Firm.
            She was interviewed for about 45 minutes, most of the questions were about her employer, and some were about her qualifications and justfication of the job..They gave her a 221g asking to submit more documents related to the employer.

When we started checking the case status online, it always said "case number cannot be found", we emailed the vfs helpline after a week, and got a response in 2 business days saying that the application is under adminstrative processing.

On June 3rd she received another email, asking to submit her Passport, once submitted she received her Passport with Visa on June 10th 2011.

Just an fyi..Even after getting the visa, the case status stil shows "Unable to find Case Number", not sure why its still the same..

What we observed is that, if the Visa Officer sends documents to Kentucky for further verifcation it would take more than a month, but if they were to take the decision without sending to Kentucky it would be lot quicker.

Hope this helps, Good Luck to all who are waiting for their response from Consulate.Pray to God and everything will be

Comment

• The annoying journey continuies...

I took the interview on May 5th, 2011 in Hyd and got a 221g. I submitted the docs on May 11th and its been more than 40days and I did not get any response.

Guys please advice on what I need to do....Adding to my problems...I just realized that my case number is not being recognizes online on the US consulate website for pending visas....

Please advice....

Comment

• To H1 221G

Send an email to vfs asking if they US Consulate received your documents and if they could confirm the same..they usually reply within 2-5 business days, also inform them about your case status situation.

Good Luck!!

Comment

• To maxy_14in

They asked her the following documents from employer:
                  Financial Statements, Tax Returns (for past 2 years), Wage Reports for last three quarters, List Of employees with their Immigration Status and detailed description of all services provided ..

[QUOTE=maxy_14in;241013]Can u plz let us know wat are the docs asked to submit ? I was asked to submit all the docs from the petitioner checked on 221(G).

Originally posted by h1bsux View Post
                  My wife went for an H1B interview at Hyderabad Consulate on May 4th 2011. She converted from H4 to H1B while in USA, and she works for a small sized Financial Firm.

Hope this helps, Good Luck to all who are waiting for their response from Consulate.Pray to God and everything will be

Comment

• My Case

InterView Date 25 April got 221g Green Slip
                    Documents Asked : Project Description,LCA,I129,I797,Passport
                    Documents Submitted: 28 April.

Work Model: Internal Project (Product Base Company)

Till Now NoResponse........
                    Last edited by myvisa01; 06-20-2011, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• Myvisa01

Hi myvis01

Which consulate did u go to? I got green slip from new delhi aroun same date as you
                      Thanks

Comment

• @Maxy, am in a similar situation.
                        Attended my visa interview on the 16th of May and got a yellow slip. I was not asked for any documents to be submitted.
                        My case does not show up on the website for Hyderabad consulate.
                        Calling VFS or DoS gives the standard response. Client verification is not done either.
                        I cant see anything that I can do but wait endlessly...

Comment

• @WaitingForTheDecision

I went to New Delhi Consulate.

Originally posted by WaitingForTheDecision View Post
                          Hi myvis01

Which consulate did u go to? I got green slip from new delhi aroun same date as you
                          Thanks

Comment

• hello friends,

As of 2day its 5 weeks so went to VFS Hyd personally to check on my status, as i have mentioned in my earlier post tht i'm unable to check my status online. The representative took note of my Passport number and went into office, came back after like 15 mins and gav d same reply "Admin Process". I asked him for a confirmation on my case number as i'm unable to trace, he went back in office and came back saying tht he tried to pull over information on my last and first name and it gave him that the case is "under process". Anyways it was jus a worth try. They many ppl at VFS submitting the docs for 221(g) 2day than d rglr ppl so its not jus us over here there are many ppl who havnt joind us here. May god bless all of us to get over this situation as early as possible.

Comment

• One of my friend got struck with this admin processing. as I heard last , even after 6 months, he didn't receive his passport.
                              then he joined some company in India itself, through the same US employer.
                              this is really worrying everyone who is trying to attend visa.

I am also scared because i am visiting india next month, and need to attend visa. let's hope for the best.

Comment

• 221g pending sheet

I had H1B visa interview on OCT 2009 in Dubai consulate. after a short interview, VO got all of my documents and form I797 as well and gave me a green sheet and wrote the consulate need some documents like Wage report, business plan of company, etc.
                                after sending the requested document, they send me an email after 6 months that the have sent back my petition to USCIC for review and possibly revocation.
                                The attorney of company could reaffirm my petition after 18 months and I schedule another appointment in ANKARA consulate.
                                I had second interview on 20 JUNE 2011 and VO asked me some usual question.
                                during interview, she asked me to show tax return for 2009 and 2010, and I had not them with me. I told her that I could email the docs for her.
                                also she said that my reaffirmed petition hasn't registered in their system and asked me to sent them a proof letter.

then she gave me a white sheet that had been written on it:
                                Dear Applicant,
                                Your visa application is pending under section 221g of the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act as you have not submitted all documentation necessary to enable the issuance of a non-immigrant visa...
                                then she wrote on it:
                                email us following documents:
                                1-Evidence of your company's tax return for 2009 and 2010.
                                2- proof that petition was reinstated.

so I have a question:
                                is my case means Refusal?

can I hope to approved my visa or I should say bye bye to USA?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X