Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shaha466 View Post
    Hi,

I had to do the H1B amendment for adding the client's address as the temporary work address in my H1 document.

Interview date : Jan 19, 2012 - Mumbai Consulate
    221G : Yellow slip (no documents asked)
    Still Waiting

Please let me know if anyone had a similar case.

Can anyone advice how much time does it take generally for processing when given a yellow slip and no documents asked?

Regards,
    Amit

Did you try to contact USCIS ? I got 221g yellow slip with no documents asked for H1B extension stamping on 29th Feb. I am also waiting to hear back, whenever my company's odc team called up USCIS, they just replied to wait.
    Also anyone with AA0024 YYYY sequence waiting for clearance .. please respond

Comment

• Anyone on this forum came out of 221g mess recently .. please share your views for others who are waiting to hear back from lazy USCIS department

Comment

• Originally posted by chirag221gyellow View Post
        Did you try to contact USCIS ? I got 221g yellow slip with no documents asked for H1B extension stamping on 29th Feb. I am also waiting to hear back, whenever my company's odc team called up USCIS, they just replied to wait.
        Also anyone with AA0024 YYYY sequence waiting for clearance .. please respond
        Hi, I haven't tried calling USCIS. I tried checking my H1 petition number in the USCIS website but it does not show that the case was sent for review.

Comment

• Originally posted by shaha466 View Post
          Hi, I haven't tried calling USCIS. I tried checking my H1 petition number in the USCIS website but it does not show that the case was sent for review.
          You need to check the DS-160 bar code number in the daily case status report. It should be something like AA00 YYYY XX. that report contains only those bar codes which have been cleared. If your case number does not appear there that means you have to wait till it appears on that report.

Hope it helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by chirag221gyellow View Post
            You need to check the DS-160 bar code number in the daily case status report. It should be something like AA00 YYYY XX. that report contains only those bar codes which have been cleared. If your case number does not appear there that means you have to wait till it appears on that report.

Hope it helps.
            Yes, I do check it everyday and it has not appeared yet. I was wondering if there is any other way like someone mentioned calling DOS or checking with USCIS.

Comment

• Originally posted by PiyushT View Post
              Are there any cases still pending since December or January with a yellow slip..

I am waiting since December 7th...No documents asked so far and status still pending.
              Hi - any news on your case?

Comment

• No response yet..

Originally posted by chirag221gyellow View Post
                Hi - any news on your case?

Comment

• anyone came out recently from 221g ?

anyone from February and March waiting for clearance ?

Please share your information

Comment

• Please advice...

Originally posted by shaha466 View Post
                    Hi,

I had to do the H1B amendment for adding the client's address as the temporary work address in my H1 document.

Interview date : Jan 19, 2012 - Mumbai Consulate
                    Still Waiting

Please let me know if anyone had a similar case.

Can anyone advice how much time does it take generally for processing when given a yellow slip and no documents asked?

Regards,
                    Amit

It has been 4 months and no update yet.. I have been watching the USCIS website and it does not show that my case was even sent for review..

Can anyone advice if anything can be done or I still need to wait for the barcode to appear?

Comment

• I am also in same situation. Below are my details:

Interview date : Jan 31, 2012 - Mumbai Consulate
                      Employment model: EVC
                      Still Waiting

Try to contact Senators or Congressmen of your state. I contacted both senators and congressman of my district and after a week I got a response from the congressman's office that they will follow-up with the embassy to get any status update. I don't know upto what extent they will help you but at least our voices will get heard. We have to let them know that whatever is happening is not ethical or professional.

Comment

• Originally posted by mumbai_yellow221 View Post
                        I am also in same situation. Below are my details:

Interview date : Jan 31, 2012 - Mumbai Consulate
                        Employment model: EVC
                        Still Waiting

Try to contact Senators or Congressmen of your state. I contacted both senators and congressman of my district and after a week I got a response from the congressman's office that they will follow-up with the embassy to get any status update. I don't know upto what extent they will help you but at least our voices will get heard. We have to let them know that whatever is happening is not ethical or professional.
                        Thanks for your suggestions. I will try contacting the senators and congressman.

Comment

• Anyone came out of 221g recently? Please share ur info and experience.

Comment

• Hi,
                            After sailing in blue boat for 2 month now I am member of yellow boat. Don't know how much more time needs to go through this pain....

My details:
                            20th March 2012- Appeared for H1b Interview at Mumbai consulate and received 221g blue form
                            10th Apr2012 - Submitted all docs asked on blue form.
                            20th Apr 2012 - Received email to submit one more document (clarification on LCA).
                            30th Apr 2012 - Submitted respective document.
                            8th May 2012- Received email to submit passport for final processing
                            10th May 2012- Submitted passport at VFS
                            18th May 2012- Received passport with stamp and cancellation seal over it with yellow form.

As per visa stamp it says issue date is 14May2012 and then Yellow form dated16th May 2012.

In yellow says "Please submit the documents requested below along with your passport, this letter, a copy of the l-20 or l-797 form (if applicable) and the CEAC barcode token affixed on your passport to the nearest VFS office." with other option checked for " further review of H1b docs".

I didn't submitted my passport yet.... ..... Looking for some expert opinion..... Please let me know what to do.....

Why they stamped 1st and then cancelled it? what they want to review now....?

Comment

• Originally posted by ashishkp View Post
                              Hi,
                              After sailing in blue boat for 2 month now I am member of yellow boat. Don't know how much more time needs to go through this pain....

My details:
                              20th March 2012- Appeared for H1b Interview at Mumbai consulate and received 221g blue form
                              10th Apr2012 - Submitted all docs asked on blue form.
                              20th Apr 2012 - Received email to submit one more document (clarification on LCA).
                              30th Apr 2012 - Submitted respective document.
                              8th May 2012- Received email to submit passport for final processing
                              10th May 2012- Submitted passport at VFS
                              18th May 2012- Received passport with stamp and cancellation seal over it with yellow form.

As per visa stamp it says issue date is 14May2012 and then Yellow form dated16th May 2012.

In yellow says "Please submit the documents requested below along with your passport, this letter, a copy of the l-20 or l-797 form (if applicable) and the CEAC barcode token affixed on your passport to the nearest VFS office." with other option checked for " further review of H1b docs".

I didn't submitted my passport yet.... ..... Looking for some expert opinion..... Please let me know what to do.....

Why they stamped 1st and then cancelled it? what they want to review now....?
                              All others including me, who got yellow slip are waiting for our case number to appear on mumbai consulate's online report. Then only we are supposed to submit the passport and all those docs which you mentioned above.

Comment

• This is what yellow form I got. Is the same yellow form all other rcvd ? In 2nd para they specifically mentioned to submit the passport. So I am confused do I need to wait for barcode to appear on link or submit the passport first to move case forward.

DearVisaAppricant
                                Your application for a nonimmigrant visa has been refused under Section 221(g) of the U.S.
                                lmmigration and Nationality Act, pending receipt of additional documentation/lnformation.
                                Once you provide the requested information or the additional processing is completed, this
                                office will review your application and issue a final determination. Only the items checked
                                below apply to your case:
                                You do not need to return in person to the Consulate unless you are contacted again by a
                                representative of the Consulate. Please submit the documents requested below along with
                                your passport, this letter, a copy of the l-20 or l-797 form (if applicable) and the CEAC barcode
                                token affixed on your passport to the nearest VFS office. Additional Processing fees may be
                                charged for this service by VFS.
                                - New passport
                                - SEVIS Fee receipt.
                                - Other - further review of H1b docs ( This statement is handwritten with other option is tick marked)
                                - Your visa application is pending administrative processing. To check the status of
                                pending cases, please visit *
                                html. lf your CEAC barcode number is on one of the lists, please sirbmit your
                                passport, courier envelope and the pending letter to the nearest VFS office.
                                - Please contact the US Embassy and/or Consulate below to pursue your visa
                                application:
                                New Delhi Chennai Kolkata Hyderabad Other

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X