221(g) yellow form during H1B Visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @india2012

welcome to my life bro .. we have been told the same thing for days now . There is a lack of status updates on the 221g -- which is fairly standard as i think either they dont like to tell you what ur status is or they just want to let you go in but as @chirag221gyellow says if its a geniune case it will come thru sooner or later ..hope and wait

wish the DOS could improve thier tracking system coz as of now its pretty limitted in its capability.

----------------------

QUOTE=india2012;272260]Hi,

Since December 2010, I was in US on L1 B sponsored by well known Indian IT company. One of the U.S. based firm sponsor my H1B. That firm initiated the process and file my petition in October, 2011 in premium processing. My petition was approved in November 2011. I'd resigned from India based I.T. company and joined this U.S. based firm. After one month, I was relocated to another province at client site. In March 2012, when I came back to India and went to Delhi embassy for stamping with my wife, VO asked me for my work location. I replied that earlier my work location is X and then I was relocated to Y. She asked me for the LCA. I have presented the LCA of both X and Y. Then she asked me for my client letter. I had shown her my client letter.

Then she took my passport, I-797 and other documents used at the time of petition filing. She told me that after verifying the documents my passport would be mailed to me with VISA. I hadn't got any slip or case number.

After a week, when I hadn't received any mail or message from embassy, I queried to embassy. I got a reply that my case is under AP.

Now it's 88 days but I haven't received any mail from embassy.
    I had presented all the documents but that lady put my case under AP.

I have called DOS and VFS, both are telling the same status, under AP.
    When I called USCIS, they said that information couldn't share the information since this is employer's petition.
    When my employer called the USCIS, they said contact to India consulate for any information.

Do anyone having similar case?[/QUOTE]

Comment

• Today's list is out with 8 case numbers. None of them looks like the old case number.
      Case status report now showing case numbers cleared starting from Feb 1st 2012.

Congratulations to those 8 fellas

Comment

• @chirag

where are you seeing this list. Please let me know too.

---

Originally posted by chirag221gyellow View Post
        Today's list is out with 8 case numbers. None of them looks like the old case number.
        Case status report now showing case numbers cleared starting from Feb 1st 2012.

Congratulations to those 8 fellas

Comment

• << Case Status Report.pdf >>

There is a pdf file where in you can search your CEC barcode number.

Originally posted by damiendevlon View Post
          @chirag

---

Comment

• Originally posted by chirag221gyellow View Post
            Any updates on your case?
            No updates on my case. I have emailed for case status to the VFS helpline and haven't got any reply since 10 days.

Comment

• Mayur posted the link, its for Mumbai consulate interview cases.

If you were interviewed at Mumbai, you can check your CEAC bar code number here.

If it appears in the report, you are good to submit the passport for final decision.

Originally posted by damiendevlon View Post
              @chirag

---

Comment

• Mumbai consulate status report not updated today

Comment

• Its officially 6 months now...

I have been waiting since 6 months now...no documents asked whatsoever...DOS says pending status...

Any body else waiting since november or december? There are few numbers starting with AA001 that cleared today which could be the oldest ones...

Comment

• Thats a long time .. I learned from your previous posts that you are a full time employee with a university and into some research program which is funded by defense agency.

Looking at your wait time, your case would have gone for background check. And I read at different places that it requires at least 6 months time.

You have reached the mark dude and I hope you get the good news soon.

Originally posted by PiyushT View Post
                    I have been waiting since 6 months now...no documents asked whatsoever...DOS says pending status...

Any body else waiting since november or december? There are few numbers starting with AA001 that cleared today which could be the oldest ones...

Comment

• anyone came out of 221g yellow from mumbai consulate recently??

please share your experience .. we all need to hear some positive stories to keep our hopes alive

Comment

• @msan ,
                        \
                        bro nothing to worry ... standard processing time is 2-4 weeks . Also you can use the " track ur passport " option on the vfs website. and if you really want to proactivelly followup you can try emailing VFS center [ email depends on the consulate u went to ]. ask the vfs if you need to submit any further documentation.. and if they have any updates on ur case..[ they normally take 2 days to reply to ur query ].

---

Originally posted by msan View Post
                        I got a 221(g) yellow form - administrative processing today during my visa interview. I already had an approved I797 and the VO asked me the standard questions like whats your work responsibility? What will be your salary? Are you married? etc. The interview went quite well and she did not ask me a single document. I am not sure why they must have put my case under administrative processing.

Does anyone know how long will it take and if there is a way I can track. She has not asked for any additional documents and just mentioned that they will send me an email and I should submit my passport for stamping.

Comment

• @chirag221gyellow

have your employer/client receive any call from consulate?

Comment

• @damiendevlon

Dude .. you have replied to the very first entry of this forum which was way back in 2010.

user msan successfully cleared 221g after 3 months of wait and hopefully enjoying is US.

Originally posted by msan View Post
                            VI : 3rd Dec (first time H1b stamping - mumbai consulate)
                            Got the barcode in the pdf file : 11th March
                            Passport submitted: 11th March
                            Got Visa and passport back: 18th March

221g yellow - no documents asked.

Comment

• I think they have not contacted as I have not been informed of any such activity.

Anyway I will drop a note to my employer to check about it.

Originally posted by india2012 View Post
                              @chirag221gyellow

have your employer/client receive any call from consulate?

Comment

• 221G update

Finally got a reply from VFS and this is its not only different but upsetting.

Thank you for writing to us.

This is to inform you that if your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for mandatory administrative processing. Please note that there is no definite time for administrative processing . When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary depending on circumstances of each case. Be assured that the U.S. Consulate will contact you if the administrative processing is complete or if they require additional information.

Regards,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X