221(g) yellow form during H1B Visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ras305 View Post
    All you can do is wait and watch..I think when you callup DOS, they ask for PP No. or your CEAC bar code which wd be your case number I suppose..
    And as to why they are going to reopen the site after Sept...the reason could be for a improved version..the one that was made available back in July must be a trail run...
    Wud they clear up tons of cases? ...I don't think so...lets hope they prove me wrong
    Thanks ras305. Can you please provide the number to call DOS?

Comment

• Originally posted by vijay2308 View Post
      Thanks ras305. Can you please provide the number to call DOS?
      here you go....202-663-1225

Comment

• Got 221g at Hyderabad Consulate

Originally posted by simrank View Post
        Vijay, My husband has been under this processing for 7 months now and I happen to be a US citizen. So I am not sure whats going on there. He is from Hyderabad but since I am filing as a spouse of US citizen his interview was in bombay.
        Mine is 1st time H1B stamping along with my Husband:

Attended interview on 10th September at Hyderabad Consulate---Got 221g---VO retained original I797, I120, D160 , In house project documents, Company Brocher ,visa Interview letters and returned our passports along with 221g white form, he didn't see any docs related to my husband, he just asked him few questions. He requested us to submit the passports along with the additional document( US Company IT returns, 2012 Unemployment wage reports, Company Roaster and Office Pics) at VFS

We have submitted all additional documents and passports at VFS on 21st September 2012

We got an email and sms on 25th to collect our passports

We got back 221g, passports without stamp and additional documents except office photos, original i797, LCA, I129, office inhouse project documents. They have checked the check box says “application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision can be made”

So what would be the situation now? Are they still considering our case or not? Are they going to send our docs to USCIS or will they do admin processing in India?

I really appreciate if anyone clarify my doubts.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by ras305 View Post
        here you go....202-663-1225

Attended interview on 10th September at Hyderabad Consulate---Got 221g---VO retained original I797, I120, D160 , In house project documents, Company Brocher ,visa Interview letters and returned our passports along with 221g white form, he didn't see any docs related to my husband, he just asked him few questions. He requested us to submit the passports along with the additional document( US Company IT returns, 2012 Unemployment wage reports, Company Roaster and Office Pics) at VFS

We have submitted all additional documents and passports at VFS on 21st September 2012

We got back 221g, passports without stamp and additional documents except office photos, original i797, LCA, I129, office inhouse project documents. They have checked the check box says “application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision can be made”

So what would be the situation now? Are they still considering our case or not? Are they going to send our docs to USCIS or will they do admin processing in India?

Comment

• Originally posted by h1b221g View Post

- - - Updated - - -
          Welcome to the club

From the info I have read on the consulate websites and few of the available forums, if you are put through Admin processing it is certian that you'll get the visa BUT you never know when.
          I've been through this mess twice before and I'm up against it yet again......They took Two weeks to complete Admin processing on my B1; Six weeks for L1. Its been Thirteen weeks since I was issued 221g-Yellow for H1B.

Just on this forum, we have quite a few ppl who got their visa's between 2weeks to 4months after 221g was issued.
          We have a few ppl who have been waiting for over 9months without any formal updates.
          And then the worst case scenario, one of my good friend got his Visa approved after 9months...however, it was valid only for 30 odd days...Aint scaring you..just putting up as much info as I can....

Lets hope for the best....

Comment

• @Ras305

Good research Ras305

@h1b221g ,I am waiting since dec2011 so its over nine months now...........not sure how many days, weeks or months it will take from now.....

Comment

• Originally posted by simrank View Post
              Vijay, My husband has been under this processing for 7 months now and I happen to be a US citizen. So I am not sure whats going on there. He is from Hyderabad but since I am filing as a spouse of US citizen his interview was in bombay.
              My case is also pending with mumbai consulate since 8 months..the difference is I received blue slip....No sure what will happen?

Comment

• Today I called up the DOS. Below is the simple conversation between me and rep,
                Me: Hi, This is Vijay. I would like to know my visa status.
                Rep: What is your Passport number?
                Me: <Provided the Passport number>
                Rep: <After sometime> Your visa is under admin processing and you need to WAIT.
                Me: Thank you.

Thats all.

Comment

• Originally posted by vijay2308 View Post
                  Today I called up the DOS. Below is the simple conversation between me and rep,
                  Me: Hi, This is Vijay. I would like to know my visa status.
                  Rep: What is your Passport number?
                  Me: <Provided the Passport number>
                  Rep: <After sometime> Your visa is under admin processing and you need to WAIT.
                  Me: Thank you.

Thats all.
                  That doesnt seem to be of much use
                  Do they answer any other questions?
                  When was the last time an update was provided on the case
                  Which department did the last status update come from (DOS/US Consulate/FBI (if they really have anything to do on the Admin processing) etc )....something of this sort???

Have been wondering if they really take so long for completing the admin processing or its just that some cases sit there on the desks for months before someone actually takes them up.....
                  If we succeed in getting an answer to such questions perhaps we can figure out something

Comment

• Originally posted by ras305 View Post
                    That doesnt seem to be of much use
                    Do they answer any other questions?
                    When was the last time an update was provided on the case
                    Which department did the last status update come from (DOS/US Consulate/FBI (if they really have anything to do on the Admin processing) etc )....something of this sort???

Have been wondering if they really take so long for completing the admin processing or its just that some cases sit there on the desks for months before someone actually takes them up.....
                    If we succeed in getting an answer to such questions perhaps we can figure out something
                    I didn't ask such questions though. I believe they wont entertain any questions other than status, as it happened to me. Also they must be having limited information with them to share with us .
                    Please let me know if any one asked the questions mentioned by ras305 when called to DOS.
                    Last edited by vijay2308; 10-01-2012, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• Status check URL availablity postponed to Mid Oct

The status check URL now says it'll be reopened by mid Oct.....

The Visa Application Status site is temporarily unavailable. It is scheduled to be re-opened by the middle of October. Please try it later.

.....looks like even this is going through Admin processing... LOL

Comment

• called up DOS

okay...so I called up the DOS helpline today.
                        I get the response (its still under processing) that many of you had mentioned. I asked her which department has my case currently and she responded with
                        "The case stays at the Mumbai Consulate all the while. It is not taken up by any other dept..good luck"

Comment

• Responce from DOS..!!!

Originally posted by ras305 View Post
                          okay...so I called up the DOS helpline today.
                          I get the response (its still under processing) that many of you had mentioned. I asked her which department has my case currently and she responded with
                          "The case stays at the Mumbai Consulate all the while. It is not taken up by any other dept..good luck"
                          Hi there,
                          Even I called up DOS today AGAIN, and when i said i need to know if you have any update on my case?? He checked in their records and said, "Wow, Your case is pending since December'11..!!!". Again he said its under administrative process and its with the consulate..!!! In past when i had called them, I asked them whether my case has been rejected at the consulate and sent back to USCIS??? And they said NO your case is still at the consulate..!!! Today also they said your case is under admin. process abroad... (i.e. consulate i guess..!!!). Actually in my case employer verification was done in Feb'12 by USCIS officials and when my HR contacted them in March'12 they said "they have already sent their response to the consulate and they do not see any reason why its taking too long for my case..." (I guess their response was positive). Or else I believe they would have asked for further documents from my employer..!!!So bottom line is my case is pending somewhere at the consulate...! Moreover my passport is also with them since Dec'11...!!! I do not know what to expect now...!!!???
                          Thanks
                          Regards

Comment

• 11 months completed

Eleven months completed, still no communication from consulate...................... what kind of processing is this which takes sooooooooooooooooooooo long

Comment

• Originally posted by missivory View Post
                              Eleven months completed, still no communication from consulate...................... what kind of processing is this which takes sooooooooooooooooooooo long
                              Starting Sept'12, Stanley is handling US visa processing; and I read on their website that: After one year, an application refused under Section 221(g) is terminated per Section 203(e).

and moreover, is the visa validity in anyway related to the petition validity? I am curious because, my friend's visa was approved after 9 month wait period but the visa validity ended the day his petition expired (which was just about a month after the visa was issued).
                              When was you petition Approved? How many years is your petition Valid for?
                              Ideally, if you had attended the interview in Nov'11, your petition would have been approved at least a couple of months before your interview. So, if your petition had a validity of one year, it would have expired by now.....

can you share the details if you don't mind?
                              Last edited by ras305; 10-09-2012, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• Hi

I want to share my visa experience with you guys and any suggestions would be welcome.
                                I completed MS in CS in 2009. Hired as an IT Intern in 2010. FullTime from Nov 2010 till today.
                                Visa Interview Date : 21st August, 2012
                                Consulate: Delhi
                                No Slip Given/PP along with all documents was returned to me. NO Documents were asked.
                                Case number hand written on Interview apptment letter. It is not recognized on the "Check Case Status" webpage. Passport Tracker page says "Your passport is under process at US Consulate".
                                Its the 8th week and I have not got any updates. DOS says its under processing.
                                Can someone tell me, what option to choose to talk to a representative, if we call the new stanley visa helpline?
                                Thanks!
                                J

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X