221g pink slip for H1B - Chennai Consulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@AK786

did the visa officer say your visa is approved or not before handing pink slip

in my case he said - visa approved and handed the pink slip with exactly the same thing u went thru

i got mine in 1 week

Comment

In my case VO said my Visa is approvable but they want to do AP and issued 221g pink form.

5 weeks over still waiting...

Comment

#ragsun1

hi... when the vo said my case needs admistrative processing, I said that, I can provide you the documents if you are looking for, upon this she said, no this is nothing related to your employer, this is just a kind of adminstrative processing that we have to do... and sent to another counter....

nov 19 was interview.. and jan 19 is approaching... this is getting worst... apt lease, car in the snow, insurance... huh....

Originally posted by ragsun1 View Post
        @AK786

did the visa officer say your visa is approved or not before handing pink slip

in my case he said - visa approved and handed the pink slip with exactly the same thing u went thru

i got mine in 1 week

Comment

What I wonder is, guys who went for stamping recently have got their PPs with stamping... May be this is just because the common muslim name passports they are holding back.... a friend of mine with same common muslim name is stuck....

Originally posted by AK786 View Post
          hi... when the vo said my case needs admistrative processing, I said that, I can provide you the documents if you are looking for, upon this she said, no this is nothing related to your employer, this is just a kind of adminstrative processing that we have to do... and sent to another counter....

nov 19 was interview.. and jan 19 is approaching... this is getting worst... apt lease, car in the snow, insurance... huh....

Comment

@AK786
            Did they give you 8-10 weeks slip? Are you working for any Indian MNC or American MNC? OR as a consultant?
            Even my case also 'M***'. According to tracker...Currently day 335 cases changing to 'issued' status.

What is your US job status?

Allah (Alone) is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs (for us)
            InshaAllaha everyone will get visas.

Comment

Dont worry Mujeeb... you should get your passports soon with visa stamped on it.

Comment

73 Days...still waiting!!

Comment

90 days over....still waiting

Comment

Originally posted by mujeebtsr View Post
                    90 days over....still waiting
                    Hi Mujeeb, did you get you visa yet?

I am waiting on Visa too... My interview was on 23rd Nov last year... Still waiting...

Comment

Still Waiting!!!

Not yet.....96 days over still waiting.
                      I sent an email to the consulate stating "90 days elapsed" got the standard reply "still pending".

Comment

one of my colleague also experienced similar.
                        he went to India after getting extension for vacation and he attended stamping. he was told his case will gofor administrative processing and he didn;t hear anything even after 4 months. now he is working in India through same US employer as a contractor as he is not sure when he will get result.
                        his passport also struck with consulate, and it might take few more months.

Comment

Thanks Miths!
                          I work for Indian MNC working at onsite for reputed client. My petition was approved in 2009. Not sure what US consulate is doing by keeping our pp's.

Thanks

Comment

I got this information from one of the lawyers in US that filing a writ of Mandamus would compel USCIS to act on a case faster... But said that doing so in individual capacity may not be a good Idea as its a lawsuit against USCIS. If you employer did that I would work fine...

Do you have any info on Writ of Mandamus?

I am gonna a wait a month more and then think of going that route... its been past three months for me... my interview was on 23rd Nov'2010.

Originally posted by mujeebtsr View Post
                            Not yet.....96 days over still waiting.
                            I sent an email to the consulate stating "90 days elapsed" got the standard reply "still pending".

Comment

Thanks for that info idrisgagan!
                              Though it has more than 70000 emp manpower! With my personal experience i can say that my company immigration team is not legally qualified to deal with such issues. I have suggested many things after looking at similar cases online but they never responded to my emails.

It seems like our passports bunch (family) is laying somewhere in the US consulate corner and no one is interested to look at it since 3 months!

Thanks!

Comment

mujeeb - any luck?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X