221g pink slip for H1B - Chennai Consulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g pink slip for H1B - Chennai Consulate

I have been in US for 3 years on H1B and came to India to meet relatives. I had an interview y'day 7-12-2010 and got 221 g pink slip. I worked for Indian MNC1 for 18months then switched to small US company by transferring my H1B visa. There I worked for a client (Fortune 100) for 3 months and project ended bcoz of recession. I have got all paystubs but lesspay bcoz of less working hours! Again switched to Indian MNC2. I'm still working for MNC2 on a long term project. So planned for vacation.

At the interview VO asked following questions:
    1. Where do you work? When did you join. Answered!
    2. Who is your client? Answered!
    3. In between MNC1 and MNC2 where did you work? Answered!
    4. Did you read the pamphlet that was given during the waiting time b/w finger printing & interview.
    Ans: could not read the whole thing bcoz of the kids.
    5. He asked details about my US born doughter. Answered!

Finally said your application is approvable but there is some administrative processing screening and sent to another window.

Next Window:
    An Indian lady officer asked about inbetween MNC1 and MNC2 where did you work. I explained her clearly but she said they want to do administrative processing and it takes 8 to 10 weeks and issued me a pink slip.

What could be the reason for holding my visa and how much time it might take? I'm on leave for 1 month and i have return tickets booked already.

Has anyone gone through this situation. Please help! Thank you.

When you are in H1B, you need to be working and getting paid as per the LCA. If not, it is your responsibility to report such employers to DOL and make them pay to avoid issues like this. Obviously your W2 would been less than what was approved by DOL which is the issue now.

Search for key words like 221g or admin process and you will find a plenty of related posts. Time taken to resolve an admin process cannot be predicted since each case is different.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

221 g pink slip at Chennai consulate

Thanks Shervin for your reply!
      Do they approve my visa?
      They took all passports (dependents) what does it mean? Please advise.

Comment

It is really hard to predict. You will have to wait for the admin process to get completed. Hopefully you will get it stamped since you have gone for stamping with a petition from a different employer.

Originally posted by mujeebtsr View Post
        Thanks Shervin for your reply!
        Do they approve my visa?
        They took all passports (dependents) what does it mean? Please advise.

Comment

221 g pink slip at Chennai consulate - Muslim name

I have common muslim name starting with M **** ***. Is it true that having a common muslim name takes more processing time? Can some one throw some light on this...

Thank you!

Comment

Most of the times there will be administrative processing for common muslim names. The time taken will vary from one application to another.

I have common muslim name starting with M **** ***. Is it true that having a common muslim name takes more processing time? Can some one throw some light on this...

Thank you!

Comment

221 g pink slip at Chennai consulate

Thank you Shervin!
              VO asked me to wait for 8-10 weeks. Is it ok call now? Its been 17 days. Please advise.

Comment

You can call. But you are going to get a standard reply saying that your case is still under admin processing and they will let you know when it is complete (Unless the admin process is already completed and your passport is dispatched for delivery).

Thank you Shervin!
                VO asked me to wait for 8-10 weeks. Is it ok call now? Its been 17 days. Please advise.

Comment

VFS website status changed: Your passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate

Thank you Shervin!
                  I have been tracking on DOS/VFS websites regularly. Today when i entered my passport number on VFS website it says 'Your passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate'. Any idea what this means? Is my Visa approved?

Comment

Hi mujeebtsr

I also have same question as I got the same status for my husband who is in India for past 2 months. He had his visa renewal stamping at New Delhi...

The status ' Your passport is under process at US Consulate/Embassy' is different from usual message that I have seen before

Let me know if u hear anything from embassy in email

Regards
                    Riya

Comment

That means your visa is still under process and you will need to wait some more time hear back from the consulate.

Comment

Guys,

The message/status is changed for every one. Its just change in text of status message to be more meaningful. Nothing else. Its good to be optimistic but not just because of this status change. Every one with similar scenarios has got their status changed. All the best.

Comment

Hi Chander_77,

Just curious to know what visa type you applied for and how long you waiting from. What is the current status of your visa?

Thanks

Comment

@mujeebstr

My case:

DOI & Green Form Handout: Nov 15 2010
                            Docs Submitted : Nov 18 2010
                            Email Recd from Embassy : Nov 24 2010
                            (to submit passport)
                            Passport Recd by Embassy: Nov 29 2010
                            Status (as per embassy) : Pending for review.
                            Status (as per VFS) : Admin Processing.

Comment

Guys...

Same is the case with me. I appeared for interview on 19th Nov 2010, VO said my case needs some administrative processing and sent me to another window, where an Indian lady enquired about my previous employers and work details. Upon asking she said, it may take 3 weeks to 3 months....
                              I have not recieved the PP yet. And today 7 weeks are over, and the status is still pending....

My client has terminated my contract, my worry is, if USCIS enquires with my client, and gets a negative answer this may result in what action.............

Shed some light folks............

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X