Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B full time to part time

Hello,

If my employer moves my full time H1b to part time H1b will it have any impact to my current immigration status. Do I need find another H1b to maintain full time status.
    Also if I have another job offer do I need to notify my new employer of this transition before they file my H1b transfer?

Thanks

Transitioning from H1B full-time employment to part-time employment as an H1B visa holder involves several steps and considerations. Here's an overview of the process:
    1. Discuss with Employer:
      • Begin by discussing your desire to transition from full-time to part-time employment with your current H1B sponsoring employer. They will need to agree to the change and adjust your employment terms accordingly.
    2. Amendment Filing:
      • Your employer will need to file an H1B amendment petition with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to reflect the change in your employment terms from full-time to part-time. This amendment ensures that your H1B status remains valid and compliant with the new employment arrangement.

Comment

Transitioning from a full-time H1B employment status to part-time on an H1B visa involves several steps and considerations. Here's a general guide:
      1. Consult with Employer: Start by discussing your desire to switch from full-time to part-time employment with your employer. Ensure they are willing to support this change and are aware of any legal implications or requirements.
      2. Amendment of H1B Petition: Since H1B visas are tied to specific job roles and work conditions, any significant changes to your employment status, such as transitioning from full-time to part-time, require an amendment to your H1B petition. Your employer will need to file Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, with USCIS to request the amendment.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X