Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1B visa stamping, Mexico

Hi,

I am currently in the US on H4 visa. I already have an H1B approved. IMy H1B was approved before I got my H4 visa. The consultant misplaced the documents and hence I had to come to the US on a H4 visa. Now I want to get my H1B stamped. Can I get it done at Matamoros, Mexico? Can I return back to the US on the H4 visa, in case my H1B does not get stamped? Any response is much appreciated.

Thanks
    Samiksha

I am currently in the US on H4 visa. I already have an H1B approved. IMy H1B was approved before I got my H4 visa. The consultant misplaced the documents and hence I had to come to the US on a H4 visa. Now I want to get my H1B stamped. Can I get it done at Matamoros, Mexico?
    >>> No. It is not advisable to go to Mexico if you haven't entered U.S H1B visa and if you are not in H1B status now. Check the below link.
    https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/v...gcanadamexico/

Can I return back to the US on the H4 visa, in case my H1B does not get stamped?
    >>> That depends on whether your H4 visa gets cancelled when you go for H1B stamping. If H1B is rejected and H4 still remains valid (assuming it is not cancelled by the VO), then you can enter in H4 visa.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the response Shervin.
      Actually my consultant adviced me to get it stamped from Mexico, but I wasnt really sure about it.
      Can you suggest what can be done in my case. How and where can I get my approved H1B stamped?

Thanks a lot.
      Samiksha

Comment

>>> That depends on whether your H4 visa gets cancelled when you go for H1B stamping. If H1B is rejected and H4 still remains valid (assuming it is not cancelled by the VO), then you can enter in H4 visa.

Also what is VO?

Comment

You can try Canada or your home country. The employer can also file a COS from H4 to H1B and when that gets approved, you can start working without the need for a H1B visa stamping, as the COS will come with a new I-94. The only problem is that the COS might take anywhere between 3-5 months. There is a premium process available which will get you the result within 15 days (Additional $1000).

Originally posted by samiksha82 View Post
          Thanks for the response Shervin.
          Actually my consultant adviced me to get it stamped from Mexico, but I wasnt really sure about it.
          Can you suggest what can be done in my case. How and where can I get my approved H1B stamped?

Thanks a lot.
          Samiksha
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X