Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with H4 visa for spouse

Hi Folks,

I am on H-1B visa and plan to bring my wife over to US on H4. I haven't got my visa stamped so far (haven't traveled outside US in a while).

While searching for the pre-requisites for H4 Visa interview on immihelp I could see that "Photocopy of the Principal Applicants Valid Visa (if applying separately)" is listed as a requirement.

I presume my case falls under (applying separately) category so, could you guys please help me with the alternates here. I am hoping that I-797 and I-129 should be sufficient but want to make sure that I am getting this right.

thx,
    PG

Photocopy of an expired visa is okay. Your valid approval notice is what is important (As long as you are maintaining the valid H1B status).
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Photocopy of an expired visa is okay. Your valid approval notice is what is important (As long as you are maintaining the valid H1B status).
      Thanks for the super-quick response.I do have stamped L1A (expired) visa so I can send that across. Also, I do have approved I-797 valid till 2012. Is that what you meant by valid approval notice ...apologies for my lack of knowledge with the terminology.

Comment

Yes.

Originally posted by praveengairola View Post
        I do have approved I-797 valid till 2012. Is that what you meant by valid approval notice ...apologies for my lack of knowledge with the terminology.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

final docs

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          Yes.
          Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X