Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa (spouse) - Help with DS-160 filling

Hello Folks,

I have a major doubt while filing my wife's DS-160 form online. To give some background I am on a H1-B (valid till Oct 2012). My wife would be joining me in dependent H4 visa.

While filing the DS-160 there's little clarification I need from you folks.
    Under DS-160--> "Travel Information" there's a question
    - Are you the principal applicant. As per my understanding of the immihelp guide (https://www.immihelp.com/us-visa-ds-...l-information/) here's what I have filled up this portion of the form.

- Are you the principal applicant - No (she's coming as dependent)
    - Surname of Principal applicant - MY SURNAME
    - Given name of Principal applicant - MY NAME
    - Propose of trip to US - OTHER
    - Under Others-Specify - TEMPORARY EMPLOYEE (H1,H2)
    - Principal Applicant's Application Receipt/Petition Number - MY USCIS Receipt Number

Can you guys please confirm if that's correct .... I just want to make sure that I am submitting the correct data to avoid any rejections.

Thank you very much.
    -PG

Everything looks good except the below
    Under Others-Specify - TEMPORARY EMPLOYEE (H1,H2)

What other options you have other than "TEMPORARY EMPLOYEE (H1,H2)"? Because H4 is not a temporary employee.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

other options.......

Hi Shervin,

Attached are the listed options. Can you please suggest the appropriate one.

cheers,
      PG
      Attached Files

Comment

I was expecting a category for "Spouse/Child of a Temporary Employee (H1, H2)". If these are the only available options then your selection is right. If possible write an email to the VFS and confirm this selection.

Originally posted by praveengairola View Post
        Hi Shervin,

Attached are the listed options. Can you please suggest the appropriate one.

cheers,
        PG

Comment

Hi Praveengoirala,

I am also in the same boat. Can you please let me know if you have answered correctly?

Thanks

Comment

update...

Originally posted by nvssandeep View Post
            Hi Praveengoirala,

I am also in the same boat. Can you please let me know if you have answered correctly?

Thanks
            Nopes man... I am still looking for an answer.

I'll try emailing the consulate folks but not sure how soon they'll respond back.

Comment

If you are on H1B and stayed more than few months in a particular state (mostly 3-6 months in most states), option you choose is "SPOUSE/CHILD OF LEGAL PERM RESIDENT"

Comment

Permanant Resident means the one who holds a Green Card. Staying in a state for 6 months doesn't yeild you the permanant resident status.

Originally posted by raju_bheemam View Post
                If you are on H1B and stayed more than few months in a particular state (mostly 3-6 months in most states), option you choose is "SPOUSE/CHILD OF LEGAL PERM RESIDENT"

Comment

Response from VFS helpline (delhi Consulate)

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
                  Permanant Resident means the one who holds a Green Card. Staying in a state for 6 months doesn't yeild you the permanant resident status.
                  I sent the query to the VFS helpline email address and this is the response I got :

Kindly note as you hold H1B visa and she is applying for H4 dependant, you are the principal applicant. We may request you to fill the online application forms as per your best knowledge. Further, you can intimate the case to the consular officer on the day of the visa interview.

Considering that I guess I'll leave the form as-is and submit. If there are issues then they would correct at the time of interview.

-PG

Comment

Hi OP,

Its good that you have got the response from VFS.

But as per knowledge - you have filled everything CORRECTLY.

Thanks and Regards,
                    Abhay

Comment

hi

hi i have married to my wife she is a usa green card holder and she is currently not working anywhere n have completed my graduation in commerce n currently am working n i want to visit to us my question is which type of visa is applicable for me to go to us to meet my wife please do reply will wait for yr answer please try to help me
                      Last edited by Antonise; 08-28-2016, 01:15 PM. Reason: Personal Contact Information

Comment

Choose Temperory and then in other choose spouse of H4

In the first selection you need to choose Temperory Worker (H) and then in second column you choose spouse of Temperory worker H4

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X