B2 to H1B COS documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 to H1B COS documents

Hello, I was employed with a company from 2020. Since my H1B didn't get picked 1st 3 years of working with the company I had to switch to CPT schools to keep working. In August 2024 my H1B got picked with the company and in september I had a dispute with them so I was sent on unpaid leave. I was still on F1 status so I stayed and studied in the states. My company still sponsored my H1B and I got it approved in the last week of December. I got the receipt in January, worked for a few days and was officially let go on January 19th. I have only 1 paystub from that work period on H1B. I applied for B2 COS on March 10th and got the B2 receipt immediately. My B2 process is still pending. Last month I got a really good offer from a company and they are willing to do the premium processing for H1B COS from B2. I was wondering if I would require to show 3 paychecks from my H1B days since USCIS says to show proof of valid current status. My understanding is the valid current status would be the pending B2 and I would require to show the receipt and whether I applied for it before the 60 days grace period expired. I have talked to 2 lawyers on phone calls about this and they said the same thing to me. They said since it's a COS to H1B that 1 paycheck to show that I applied within time after my termination would suffice. I am still skeptical and would appreciate some advice regarding this. I am wondering whether the company lawyers would push back against this and how to best approach them.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X