Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we change the employer after maxout of H1B(6 yrs)with valid visa for total 7 yrs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we change the employer after maxout of H1B(6 yrs)with valid visa for total 7 yrs

Hi,

I have completed 5 yrs on my H1 B and now it is extended for another 2 years (total 7 years) based on my I-140 approval with the current employer.

If I change the employer now(my I-140 will not be transferred), how long will I get my H1B transfer valid for? will that be same as the current 7 years (additional 2 years) as I already have a visa approved? or just only one year(total 6 years) as my I-140 will not be transferred to the new employer?

Pls. advice so that I can plan for my move. Thanks in advance

Your H1b based on approbved I140 can be extended for 3 years with the new employer. You need a copy of I140 approval though to do that.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the response. My employer will not give me the I-140 approval notice.

In that case, if I change the employer now, how long will I get my H1B visa when I transfer to a new employer without I-140 approval?

Comment

Do you have the receipt number? You will probably only get it until your current validity of current H1b. Check with your lawyer. If it gets additional scrutiny, you may not even get it past the 6 years.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X