Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dependent Visa

Hi,

I need to schedule for stamping. Now my wife is in a family way - 8 month. Could you please clarify me the below doubts

1. Can I still process dependent visa for her.
    2. if yes, any risk involved.
    3. if i apply in separate application what is the risk

Yes, you can apply for the dependent visa. However, you will need to show proof that she will be covered under proper medical insurance when she is in U.S.

However, the airlines may have issues. check with the airlines in which you are planning to book the ticket. They might have concern since she is already 8 months pregnant. Also, check with your doctor to see if it is okay to take such a long flight.

My sincere advise is to take her to U.S after the birth. At least you will have family / relatives in your home country to take care of her and the baby.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi OP,

What Shervin has mentioned is correct and you need to check from your doctor , airlines etc.

I am just adding that - technically you can apply for her h4 visa .
      But you should have the letter from doctor (at the time of interview itself) -that she is fit/fine for a long flight etc etc.....
      Because you know its not only documents which Officer looks into...he/she looks into the case sometimes from personal point of view also...and he/she can ask the same thing that "Is your wife safe for flying" and if you have the doctor letter----it will be a backup for you.

But as mentioned......its advisable not to fly at this time....as you will have family members to look after the baby....

Thanks and regards,
      Abhay

Comment

Thanks all for your replies. I am not going to take her to US now. Will be taking only after 6th month. Just want to know whether in this situation can I apply for dependent visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X