Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1B - SSN Delay..Req Advice!!!

Hello,

My wife came to US 7 months ago in H4 and recently got a job with H1B sponsorship. She is currently working but the issue is she applied for her SSN in Nov2010 and still waiting for the SSN. She tried the SSA office where she applied multiple times and their answer"INS still has the case pending". Iy looks like her H4 to H1B status is still not updated in the homeland database which is not letting the SSA office to offer an SSN. Is there any other way to approach this issue. It has taken close to 3 months just for an SSn and usually it should not take this long..Anybody who has been in my shoe or any knowledge about this please advice..

Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks...

Go to the nearby CBP post and explain your case. They should be able to help you.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the reply and what is CBP Post?

Comment

Is there a mismatch in the name from the H1b petition and the passport/I-94?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

No..It is the same..

Comment

SSN delay..Pls advice

I am facing the similar issue. My visa status changed from H4 to H1B in Nov 2011. I applied for SSN in Nov 2011 and still its pending status verification.
            Please advice what needs to be done?
            Thanks.

Comment

SSN delay..Pls advice..Received SSN

I received my SSN in mail on feb first week. It took almost 3 months to get it. But finally I have it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X