No announcement yet.

Issue for new H1B because of old 221(g)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue for new H1B because of old 221(g)

Hi all,

I have filed a H1 through a consultant in 2007. Picked in lottery and got an approval.

Meanwhile, have joined another MNC in India. I went for a B1 visa interview.
    They had told me that my visa is granted but will need some adminstrative processing and so gave me the PINK slip. I had to send my passport and resume to them, and got the B1 visa within 5 weeks or so. But i got only for 1 year. I went to U.S on B1, stayed there for 3 months and returned.
    I went for B1 Visa again as my Visa is expired. Again same thing happened for my B1 visa and i got 221(g) PINK slip again. I got my passport after 5 weeks with 1 year B1 visa.I went to U.S on B1, stayed there for 2 months and returned.
    I went for B1 Visa again 3rd time, and same story repeated. 221(g)/PINK slip/1 year validity VISA.

All the while my old H1 is active and was expired recently.

1) Can any body tell me what can be the reason for 221(g) all the three times ? Even if they need to do adminstrative processing, that should be fine. But why only for 1 year ? I cannot understand what's wrong in my case.

2) More than that, my biggest concern now is that, another MNC gave me an offer and they filed H1 in premium processing. No consultancy is involved and MNC is directly processing my VISA. Should i automatically expect 221(g) again ? or the norms for B1 are different from H1 ?

Ideally, there shouldnt be any issues for a normal guy, as the company which is filing the VISA is a very very well known company and even my education and working background is pretty decent. But I am a hat trick 221(g) guy...so..

Thanks,
    Kiran

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X