No announcement yet.

First time stamping in toronto canada.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time stamping in toronto canada.

Hi All,

The questions that I have are very common but I am still looking for answers from the immigration experts like you.

I want to go for H1B visa stamping for the first time to canada. Do I need to have any kind of Visa for canada? I have been a legel non-immigrant in USA till date.

Is toronto a good place for stamping? I was on f1 in USA and got H1 in Oct 2009. I have same employer till date and I am planning to go in Apr-May 2011.

How are they giving back stamped passports and how much time that usually takes to get passport back?

Did any F1 to H1 person had any difficulties for H1B stamping?

Thanks
    Ashes2010

I want to go for H1B visa stamping for the first time to canada. Do I need to have any kind of Visa for canada? I have been a legel non-immigrant in USA till date.
    >>> You need a Canadian visa.

How are they giving back stamped passports and how much time that usually takes to get passport back?
    >>> You can collect the passport the immediate next day at the Comsulate if the stamping goes well. If they issue you a 221g, then it might take its own course of time.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the quick info.

What kind of canada visa I need. Do I need to go in-person to any canadian embessy in USA to get initial canada visa? If yes-where are those in USA? I will have to go to toronto in person for H1B.

What exactly is 221g ? I read that the people who has common names they usually get 221g, Is that true ?

Thanks
      Last edited by ashes2010; 02-17-2011, 06:23 PM.

Comment

What kind of canada visa I need. Do I need to go in-person to any canadian embessy in USA to get initial canada visa? If yes-where are those in USA? I will have to go to toronto in person for H1B.
        >>> Go to google.com and search for "Canadian consulate in U.S".

What exactly is 221g ? I read that the people who has common names they usually get 221g, Is that true ?
        >>> Follow these threads.

http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83430
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Appreciate your help Shervin. Thank You.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X