X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to revoke/cancell H1-B petition - Pls advise

Hi,

Greetings to all here.

I applied for my H1-B visa through my company in July 2010, however till today ( March'2011), it is still in "Initial Review" phase.
    Sensing that I do not have a future with my current employer and the carrot of H1-B was nothing but a mirage, I resigned from the services of my company.

Now, I'm really worried as to what will happen with my H1-B petition. My concerns are :-

1. How do I get my employer to get the petition cancelled. Should I approach USCIS or my employer ?
    2. Once my petition gets cancelled, will this in any way affect my future prospects for another visa for US with any other employer ?

3. And my biggest concern : Off late, my employer has been notorious for implementing many unpopular cost-cutting policies. I am really worried as to what should I do if they demand to recover the cost of filing H1-B petition from me in order to give me my Experience Letter.

I request the experts and members here to kindly provide me some guidance/advice. I would greatly appreciate that.
    Thanks in advance.

H1 petition is your employer's petition, you do not have to do anything with it. It does not need to be canceled or revoked or anything.
    Employers are legally required to pay all the fees and hence they cannot claim anything from you. Experience can be proved using other means such as letters from colleagues.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply kabkaba. It is quite a relief to know that I do not have any financial obligation towards the H1 fees.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X