H1 transfer without I-797

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer without I-797

I got H1B in 2008 which is valid till sept 2011. Two months back I moved to H4. Last week, I got an offer with a reputed company and they are ready to file H1B transfer under premium processing. But I have lost I-797(H1B) form and even do not have the copy of it. All I have is the receipt number(took it from the stamped H1B visa in my passport), I-129 and LCA. My question is:
    1) Is receipt number sufficient for H1B transfer ?
    2) To get a new copy of I=797 in case if it gets lost,form I-824 needs to be filled. Can I apply for H1B transfer and I-824 together or Should I wait for I-824 processing before starting the H1B transfer or Can I go ahead for H1B transfer(only with the receipt number) without I-824 form.

PS: My new employer wants me to be on board within a month.

Early reply is highly appreciated.

You cannot file 824 to get duplicate notice, H1 is employer's petition and you are only a beneficiary.
    Your new employer can use the Visa, I-129 etc. to file a cap-exempt petition for you. Since your current status is H4, you cannot start working until new employer's petition gets approved.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

1) Is receipt number sufficient for H1B transfer ?
      >>> Yes.

2) To get a new copy of I=797 in case if it gets lost,form I-824 needs to be filled. Can I apply for H1B transfer and I-824 together or Should I wait for I-824 processing before starting the H1B transfer or Can I go ahead for H1B transfer(only with the receipt number) without I-824 form.
      >>> I-797 is an employer's document. Even if you file I-824, the duplicate copy will be sent to the employer or the lawyer.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H1 transfer without approval notice

I was in US on L1B visa through company A and went back to India soon before Oct 2013. Company B have filed H1b 2014 through CP and it is approved .If I don't wish to go for stamping after H1b approval notice then --
        --> There is somee issue with Company B so they will not provide me the I797 approval . Can I make H1b transfer without I797?
        -->Is it possible for company A to use my H1B (sponsored by Company B) later?
        -->If keep working on L1 with company A, can I transfer my H1B(company B) to company C later?

Please help

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X