H1B transfer after 6 yrs with approved I140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer after 6 yrs with approved I140

I came to the US on H1B in July 2003. My employer has applied for a green card in EB2 category. My PD is feb 2008. I have an approved I140 based on which I got a H1B extension for 3 years after the 6 year H1B period. The current H1 is valid till 25th July 2012.

Now I am thinking of moving jobs. Will I be able to do a H1 transfer? If yes,
    >> How long will the transfer be valid for. Will I be getting a 3 year extension based on by current employers approved I 140 or will be be valid only until 25th July 2012?
    >> If my new employer starts the green card process afresh, Will I be able to port the current Priority date to the new employers Green card process?

Please confirm

I am also in similar situation. Not sure if my H1 extended (beyond 6 years on the basis of approved I-140) can be transferred to another company? Please help!

Comment

Possible if you have a copy of the approved I-140. GC process need to be restarted though. The priority date from the previous labor can be recaptured.

Originally posted by shadw View Post
      I am also in similar situation. Not sure if my H1 extended (beyond 6 years on the basis of approved I-140) can be transferred to another company? Please help!
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X