X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Visa Extension

Hi All,
    i need your suggestion.
    I was in INDIA in 2008 oct when I have my H1-B visa stamping completed.But, since my client has ended my contract while i was still in India,my employer has revoked my H1 petetion.Then i came to US again in 2010 on my F1 Visa with new I-20 to do my MBA.After completing my MBA i got a new job and my employer has applied for a new H1 and it got approved until Dec-2012.
    Now, my question is.
    1) my H1 visa which i got stamped in 2008 (valid till Oct-2012), can i use it to travel with my new H1 petetion .
    2) for H1 visa stamping should i again go back to INDIA or can i get it stamped in Mexico or Canada.

Please help me with your suggestions.

Thanks,
    Aravind.

1) my H1 visa which i got stamped in 2008 (valid till Oct-2012), can i use it to travel with my new H1 petetion .
    >>> Yes. Provided that H1B petition is still valid in your passport. When you went for your F1 stamping did they cancel your H1B visa? Check your passport.

2) for H1 visa stamping should i again go back to INDIA or can i get it stamped in Mexico or Canada.
    >>>You can get it stamped in Canada. As per my knowledge, the change of status stamping (F1 to H1B) is not done in Mexico anymore.
    https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/v...gcanadamexico/
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi Shervin,

Thanks, for your reply.

Yes, i checked my passport, my H1b is still valid.
      I might travel to INDIA before oct-2011.
      Is there any minimum visa valid duration should i have to travel.
      EX: cannot travel if the visa expires in the next 60 days.

And if i travel using my H1 visa, can i go to mexico for my visa extension.
      I am looking for my options in mexico as i stay closer to Tijuana( I work in phoenix)

Thanks,
      Aravind.

Comment

Yes, i checked my passport, my H1b is still valid.
        I might travel to INDIA before oct-2011.
        Is there any minimum visa valid duration should i have to travel.
        EX: cannot travel if the visa expires in the next 60 days.
        >>> As long as the visa is valid, you can enter U.S. However, keep in mind that sometimes the visa officers issue I-94 only till the visa expiry date (Usually they issue the I-94 till the petition expiry date). In such case, you need to keep enough buffer to file the extension. So it is not advisable to travel with just a couple of days of visa validity.

And if i travel using my H1 visa, can i go to mexico for my visa extension.
        I am looking for my options in mexico as i stay closer to Tijuana( I work in phoenix)
        >>> Yes.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X