Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding First time H1B stamping

Hello All,
    Need help!!! I am on H1B from Jan 2011 and planning to go India and get married in the month of Nov 2011. I need to go for stamping. Can any one suggest me whether I can attend the US Consulate in Canada or it is better to attend in India after marriage or before marriage?

---Thanks

It doesn't matter. As long as you have all the required documents and if yuo have been mainatining your valid H1B status, then you can get it stamepd anywhere. If you were working on a EVC structure, then there are chances that you may get a 221g for additional admin processing. In such case, it is advisable to go to your home country, instead of getting stuck in Canada.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Can any one please share the check list of EVC. And how before do I need to book the slot if I need to attend the interview before Nov 20th.

---Thanks

Comment

Here is the list of documents required for the H1B stamping.

In addition, you should carry the client letter and a letter from the Vendor stating that you work for the client through them. If possible, carry the SOW between your employer and the vendor and between your vendor and the client.

The dates for booking the visa interview open only 3-4 weeks in advance. So keep checking the dates and be prepared to book the slot when available.

Originally posted by Rama_04 View Post
        Thanks for the reply. Can any one please share the check list of EVC. And how before do I need to book the slot if I need to attend the interview before Nov 20th.

---Thanks
        Last edited by shervin143; 08-03-2011, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Thanks a lot. Appreciate it.

Comment

Can any one suggest, It's better to take my wife after marriage along with me for her H4 stamping or do i have to go first and get my H1B stamping done and followed by her.

---Thanks

Comment

Advisable to attend the visa interview for H1B and H4 together.

Originally posted by Rama_04 View Post
              Can any one suggest, It's better to take my wife after marriage along with me for her H4 stamping or do i have to go first and get my H1B stamping done and followed by her.

---Thanks

Comment

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X